Trusting The Scary Chick

"He trusted her. There was no doubt in that. She just gave him her shoulder, but didn't realise what she had done. She had made him trust again. She unknowingly became his support system, and soon enough, he couldn't imagine a life without her."

Shawn couldn't believe his dumb luck. It was the basketball rally and Veronica was cheering for him. He just couldn't believe that a brat like Veronica was stuck to him like a leech.

"So, Shawny, what do think of my new look today ?" asked Veronica in a girly voice.

"What new look ?! You're wearing the same cheerleading dress, just like the others.." said Shawn, irritated.

"No dumb baby ! I have applied a yellow coloured eyeshadow while the others have applied peach eyeshadow.." said Veronica.

"What's the difference ?!" said Shawn.

"No Shawny ! There is a lot of difference..nevermind, how do I look ?" said Veronica.

"Veronica, don't you have anyone else to bother ?" said Shawn, annoyed.

"Why do you say that baby ? I wanna stay with my boyfriend.." whined Veronica.

"I am not your freaking boyfriend ! Leave me alone !" exclaimed Shawn.

"What ? What are you-" said Veronica.

Before she could finish, a person bumped into her and she fell on the ground, ruining her dress in the process.

"What the- hell ?! Are you crazy ?! You just ruined my dress ! You're gonna pay for this ! I'm gonna ruin your reputation, you just wait !" yelled Veronica at the person.

Shawn saw who the person was. Evelyn Marrion.

"It was an honest accident, I didn't do it on purpose. Besides, I don't even have a reputation, and you can't ruin what's not there, right ?" said Evelyn.

Veronica huffed in anger and stomped away from there.

Shawn turned towards Evelyn.

"Thanks, Marrion. You really saved my ass today. She irritates the hell out of me." said Shawn.

"No problem, Hayes. And anyone can see that she annoys you, I wonder how she can't." said Evelyn.

"Well, I guess she's blinded by her non-existent feelings for me.." said Shawn, laughing.

"True enough.." said Evelyn, laughing along with Shawn.

Evelyn Marrion had a secret. A secret that only Art Professor Jennifer Gordon and Leah knew. The secret was so big that it ruin everything.

The secret was....nuh-uh. Not so soon. Will be revealed in a bit. Gonna leave that as a cliffhanger, it's been a while.

Shawn Hayes could never have thought that a girl he had never actually noticed before, could fascinate him so much. He was not in love or anything, but she made him curious. She was a girl, who stays in the shadows, doesn't really open up, is really shy, can threaten like a pro, is really pretty, has amazing explanation skills, and still is unknown to most of the college, was a bit weird for Shawn. Evelyn was a mystery, and Shawn liked solving them.

Them, suddenly meeting, was just a coincidence, right ? Maybe, maybe not.

Suddenly both of them stopped laughing.

"It's weird, isn't it ?" said Evelyn, after a pause.

"We, having a normal conversation, without me flirting and you threatening ? Yeah, I think so too." said Shawn.