Chapter 3 - An Odd New Friend

Jaden pov
I watched her play with puppies for about an hour or so until the veterinarian said something to her and she smiled. Packing up her things and giving small kisses to the pups she left the clinic.
As she walked home I noticed how crappy this area was. There was no security, hardly any lights, and the houses were worn down.

Is Stutters poor?

I got out of my car, parking it at a distance and hide to see her walk over to a house. But she does something quite odd. First she stares at the front of the house, peaking inside the window from the front porch, she tiptoes down the porch and into the backyard. What the hell?
Okay Jaden that's enough snooping for today. I'm going to dig more into this girl to find out what the hell is up with her. I walk back to my Mercedes and drive back home.
—————————
Lia POV

"Lia I love you."
"I love you too.....Jaden"
"WHAT THE-"I fall of my bed in shock from my dream. Oh thank god...just a dream.
What type of dream was that?!
There is no chance of that ever happening! What is wrong with my brain!
I get ready for school as quiet as possible and make my way out the window and get to school.
Once I reach school I see Jaden walking down the halls, laughing at something his friend, Zach, said. I don't want to be noticed by them so I quickly shut my locker and turn to go to class.

"Hey!Latte!" I hear Zach call me. He made that nickname after I spilt coffee on Jaden. It was even a latte though...nevertheless him and his friend Joshua were never mean to me.

I squeeze my eyes shut in annoyance then turn to see Jaden squinting his eyes at me suspiciously. What was that all about?

"Y-yes?" Ugh I always stuttered with people I felt of higher authority than me. I think the habit came from- never mind. As they approach I brace myself for what I would have to do.

"Stutters, meet me at the library after school okay?" Jaden says.

I nod in understanding not wanting to speak. They walk away and I slowly trudge behind them since we had the same first block class.
As we entered, I saw the teacher talking to the new boy. He had a slight grin on his face as he saw Jaden and Zach. To my surprise they reciprocated by doing the bro-handshake and then bringing him to their group. I sat down at my desk when I felt a pair of eyes on me. Looking back, I see the new guy staring into my soul. Seeing me notice him didn't affect him either. Instead he just winked.

Okay?What the hell?

---------------------------------------------------

I walk begrudgingly towards the library, wondering what the hell Jaden was up to, when suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn to see the new kid come face to face with me, bending down to reach my level. I gasp and back away in shock.

"W-what do y-you want?" I ask.

"Wow now I get why they call you Stutters gorgeous." He says.

"G-Gorgeous?"

"Yeah! Hey don't be so stiff cutie!"He shakes my shoulders while grinning.

"What's your name though?"
I don't know why but I felt a little more relaxed. I didn't feel that intimidated by him. He seemed genuinely nice. My heart stopped racing nervously and I felt safer.

"Lia. What about you?" I ask shyly.

"Blake. And would you look at that! You aren't stuttering anymore."

"Yeah I get a little like that with people who scare me." I say looking down at my feet.

"Aw you are the cutest. Hey where were you going by the way? We should hang." Blake says.