Chapter 9: Paintball deer hunt

Lukas's POV

I woke up to the sound of a loud plane. I growled under my breath and blinked my heavy eyes.

I got up out off my bed and got dressed into my normal wear. I walked around the camp and saw the female campers in a long line leading to the bathroom.

I kinda feel bad for the girls further back in line. Not only do they have to wait for whoever's currently in, they have to wait for eveyone else to get done.

I shurgged and leaned against the Gopher cabin. I saw Gwen walking out the bushes.

"Hmp. Suprised you aren't in line with the others." I raised an eyebrow.

"I was, but I wasn't gonna break my bladder waiting for drama queen to finish up. So I went lumberjack style." She crossed her arms.

"Honestly, I would've done the same." I simply shrugged.

"So, what's up with you this morning?"

"Oh, you know. The usually. My sleep was interrupted for this. Speaking of which, what do you think that Chris guy will make us do today anyways?"

"I honestly don't know. I'm just hoping we eat real food again. I mean, last time I ate I found a sock in my oatmeal." Gwen leaned against the cabin next to me.

"That's just-"

"Cruel? I know. I hate it here."

"You hate a lot a things." I raised an eyebrow of interest.

"I like to hate things." She gave a small smirk.

"I like that you hate things." I gave a small smirk.

"Hey guys." Trent greeted us with a wave.

"Oh. Hey Trent." I responded.

/Trent:" Don't get me wrong, I like Lukas. He's a good friend. But, him and Gwen are very... close. Like very close. He hangs around her like nonstop. I don't mean to jump to conclusions and get the wrong idea but maybe I should keep a closer eye on them."\

Trent's POV

"Hey. So, how are you guys this morning?" I asked.

"Meh." Lukas shrugged.

"I guess I'm alright." Gwen shrugged.

"Cool."

"Alrighty campers. Meet me at the campfire pit pronto. It's challenge time!" Chris said on the annoucer.

"Great. Now we can see what dumb idea our special host has today." Lukas said sarcastically making Gwen let out a chuckle.

I gave a small suspicious look then followed behind the two.

+

We were all sitting by the campfire pit waiting for Chris to begin explaining today's challenge.

"Are you ready for today's extreme max impact challenge?!" Chris asked with excitement.

"WE ARE READY!" Owen shouted.

"Incomong!" Chris threw a can of beans towards Gwen.

Gwen shut her eyes and waited for the impact but Lukas caught the can. She opened her eyes and Lukas gave her a wink and she smiled back.

I wasn't sure how to feel about that interaction. Especially the wink he did after he caught the can.

"This, is breakfast." Chris said.

"No. Breakfast is crepes, croissants, even Chef's crappy burnt eggs." Heather glared.

"Beans beans are good for your heart. The more ya eat the more ya-" Owen started but got knocked over by a can of beans.