Chapter 26: A Chance at One Million Dollars

Lukas's POV

We were all at that island where everyone that lost their chance at the money were sent. Yeah, I didn't know this place was even here.

Everyone was just relaxing at the party having fun in their own ways. Some were just eating. some were playing frisbee. Even though I lost the money, it's still nice to just be able to hang out.

I was sitting with Gwen, Trent, and Leshawna. I was just snacking on a bag of chips while Gwen started showing us some photos of her friends.

"I can't wait for you to meet my buds back home. This is Marilyn, Pixy Corpse, and Reaper." She smiled.

"Awesome." I grinned.

Heather suddenly walked by. I couldn't help but notice a smiley face drawn on the back of her head.

"Ooooo. That looks pretty bad." I commented.

"Brutal." Trent added.

"Yeah, I did that." Leshawna smiled.

"What's so funny?" Heather asked us.

None of us gave her an answer and continued laughing.Suddenly Chris came walking by with a suitcase.

"Hello, campers!" Chris said.

"Haha. That's ex campers to you." Duncan pointed.

"Yeah, your twisted game is over, remember?" Heather reminded.

Chris then whispered something to Chef and the two of them laughed.

"Congratulations to our winner. Owen. You played hard. Fought hard, ate hard, and farted harder. Not sure why, but you beat every other person on this island. And your pockets will soon be stuffed with cheddar." Chris said as we all cheered for him. Well, everyone but Heather and Eva.

"Mmm. Cheddar." Owen said.

"But what I'm about to offer you may change all that. Inside this suitcase is one million dollars. We had our PA make a cardboard check of this awesome new prize" Chris said.

The check was ginormous. I've never seen a check that big before.

"We went through a lot of cardboard to make this." Chris yelled." Owen, my man. This million dollars could be yours. All you have to do is figure out where we're about to hide it, and bring it to the dock of shame before anyone else does." Chris said.

"You're telling us that we all have a chance to win a million dollars?" Gwen asked.

"Yep. What do you say Owen? Will you settle for a hundred Gs. Or ONE MILLION DOLLARS!" Chris shouted.

Owen thought for some time.

"Game on baby! Haha! Yeah!" Owen shouted.

Does he realize that he only won the finale because of the help of others? I mean, sure his luck carried him a few rounds but now that anyone can win the money, his odds of winning are really slim. That is, if there's actual money in the case.

"That's the spirit Owen. Throughout the day, I'll give you all hints from the loud speakers to make sure you're not completely lost." Chris said.

"Alright campers, the ultimate million dollar challenge starts, now." Chris said, shooting a bird out of the sky.

"Here I come million dollars!" Owen said running off excited.

"Let me get this straight. After messing with our heads for an entire summer. You expect us to start running around like idiots all over again?" Heather asked, annoyed.