Chapter 17: Hide and Seek

Lukas's POV

Me, Leshawna, and Gwen were all sitting in the cabin. Gwen seemed to still be stuck on Trent leaving. He was alright-ish, that is until he started getting mad at me for something I didn't do.

"Girl you have got to put Trent out of your head." Leshawna stated.

"I know. I just miss him so much already."

"At least he's cheering you on from back home." I pointed out. 

"I know, but I miss him being here in person." She sighed.

"Well baby girl, nothing heals a broken heart like revenge." Leshawna stated as they exchanged smirks.

Hope Heather plans on watching her back cause she has a thing or two coming her way.

+

We all gathered by the dock and waited for Chris to explain today's challenge. 

"Today's challenge is a good ole fashion game of hide and seek. You all get ten minutes to hide before Chef Hatchet comes looking for you. With his military background and degree in man hunting, he is uniquely qualified to make this game excruciating hard."

"What's with the gun?" Duncan asked.

"The lifeguard chair is home base. When he finds you, Chef will try to spray you. If you escape his blast you can try run to home base. But if he catches you on your way, he'll douse you." Chris said.

"Ohh, so we're gonna get splashed by a bit of water. Now I'm terrified." Duncan said.

"Why don't you demonstrate Chef?" Chris said.

Chef began reloading the gun and then blasted Chris.

"Not at me dude!" Chris yelled dripping,

"So how do we win this game?" Heather complained.

"You got three options. One, don't get discovered in your hiding space. Two, run to home base before Chef blasts you. Three, once you've been caught, help Chef find other campers. Do any of those and you win invincibility. All clear? " Chris asked as Lindsay raised her hand. "You got ten minutes to hide... go!" Chris yelled as we all took off in different directions.

"So, any ideas for your hiding spot?" I asked Gwen.

"Nope." She commented.

"Well then... good luck." I said going up ahead.

+

After running a good distance, I stopped running and began to actually think about where to hide. My arm was suddenly grabbed out of nowhere and I was pulled into a cave.

"Woah, what the he-" I started but I was shushed by Duncan.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Uh... why'd you pull me in here?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I need you to stay here for something. It's important." Duncan told me.

"Uh huh..." I said slowly, about to leave.

"You wanna be the next one to go home?" He asked.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"Then stay here."

I wasn't sure where he was going with this but it's not like I had anywhere good to hide. Duncan proceeded to gather up more of the male campers on the island. He lastly pulled Owen into the cave.

"Hey guys, great hiding spot, yeah." Owen smiled.

"Listen up boys, we're in trouble, okay. There are 6 chicks on the island and only 5 dudes. "