Chapter 21: Three arms, Three teams

Lukas's POV

I was lying down on my cabin bed, covering my ears with a pillow in attempts to block out Owen's grumbling. He keeps mumbling about donuts and cheese and it makes it pretty hard to sleep. Not sure how Geoff is still sleep.

Either way, this dream has been going on for a while. Ever since 5 in the morning, and now it's around 7. I was managing to block the noise somewhat, but all my efforts were put to waste when a loud helicopter went flying by. Just  by the noise, I knew it was our favorite host.

Maybe instead of being a host, he should get a job as an alarm clock cause there isn't much appealing about this psycho. I growled, and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and walked outside. Leshawna, Gwen, and Heather came out too to see what was going on.

Ẅhat's going on out here?"Gwen asked.

"Chris being typical Chris."I simply answered.

"Is that the donut copter?"Owen asked.

Chris eventually landed his plane and began talking to the veiwing audience about us.

"Only seven campers remain, and after 6 weeks of bugs, yucky camp food, and even grosser bathrooms our seven finalist are about 'this'close to losing it. We strove to come up with the best way to help the campers de-stress, then decided it would be way more fun to handcuff them together and see if we couldn't push them over the edge."Chris said.

"Did Duncan's parole officer send a care package?"Heather asked sarcastically.

"No, all in the name of today's challenge.  The Tri-armed triatholan."Chris told us.

"Tri-armed. Like, three arms?"Owen asked.

"Yes. Three challenges, two teams of two, three arms per team except for the lucky group that gets an extra leg."

"Won't the team with three people have a team advantage, Chris?"I raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe, maybe not. The more the merrier, right? but imagine how much more agreeing you have to do on a team of three. Besides, aside from Gwen, and you, no one here is exactly buddy-buddy."

"Okay, fair point."I crossed my arms.

"Have you met these people? I am not being chained to any of them." Heather commented.

/Lukas:"That's pretty rich coming from the girl who made enemies with 80% if not more of the cast here."\

"Winning team members get invincibility from tonight's vote.

/Gwen:"Six. Long. Weeks. I don't know how much more of this I can take. The person who is creasing me the most? Geoff. The guy is in a permanently good mood. No one is always in a good mood. And if he says "Dude"or "Cool"or eats with his mouth open one more time, I think I'm gonna seriously damage him."\

+

I ended up being paired with Gwen and Geoff. Honestly I don't think this is a bad combination. I mean, the only thing I know about Geoff is that he can burp really loud and that he likes Bridgette. But still, not the worst outcome. I mean if me, Heather, and Gwen were a team, we'd be screwed.

"First of our three challenge, competitive chow down."Chris said.

"Oh, come on. This is like a dream I had once."Owen said.

"That donut copter dream?" Heather asked

"You had it too?"Owen asked her.

"Each team will choose a feeder and an eater. Eaters must put there hands behind them making it more difficult for the feeders. One last thing, this is the 'wimp'key. A skeleton key that will open any handcuffs. You'll be offered the 'wimp key'at the start of each challenge to unshakle yourself from your teammates, but if you choose to accept it, you'll both be eliminated. "Chris stated.