Chapter 16: Lies

Lukas's POV

Me and Gwen were sitting under a tree close to the dock. I watched Gwen sketching in her book.

"Hey, beautiful? Whatcha sketching?" Trent called out from the dock.

"Nothing." she blushed with a smile.

"You really like him, don't you?" I asked with a grin.

She looked up at me and blushed a bit.

"You know, maybe you should tell him."

"You think so?" Gwen asked with a small smile.

"Yeah. He seems totally into you." I said with a grin.

"Hey guys." Trent joined us.

"Trent, hey." Gwen closed her book and hugged it with an awkward smile.

There was a sudden loud explosion noise that went off farther own the camp.

"Arrr, mateys. Meet me at the amphitheater in five minutes and I'll tell you about today's challenge." Chris said through the loud speaker mimicking a pirate.

+

We all took a seat at the amphitheater and waited for Chris(Who was dressed up like a pirate) to explain today's challenge.

"Well, my little scallywags. Have we got an adventure in store for ye." Chris said.

"What's under the sheet?" Geoff asked.

"All in good time laddie. Who here has a hankering for a good old-fashion treasure hunt?" Chris said.

Gwen rolled her eyes and let out an annoyed groan. 

"Now this treasure hunt has a twist mateys. What you're looking for isn't hidden, and it isn't treasure." Chris said.

"If there's no treasure, then what's with the eye patch and the plastic parrot?" Duncan asked.

My thoughts exactly.

"Arr, shiver me timbers. Good question me boy. You're looking for keys to a treasure chest. Inside each of these chest is a treasure that will pamper you landlubbers and one of these chest will even give you invincibility. Now come round and pull a clue out of this bucket, or you'll have to walk the plank." Chris said.

We all got up and picked up a clue out of the bucket. 

"These clues will tell ye where your key be stowed." Chris said."All you scallywags, go find your keys, and bring them back by 6 p.m. Eastern standard time to open up the chest and get your loot. Very well young scallywags.  Now get to it."

I sighed and looked at my clue. It looked like I had to retrieve my key from a dog. 

+

After looking around I saw that my key laying down by three dogs. 

/Lukas:"You had to go there, Chris? Seriously?" I glared and rolled my eyes.\

I thought to myself to try and think of an idea to get my key. I picked up a stick and hoped that the same trick that worked on the other dogs would work again. I took a breath and began to approach them.

The three of dogs looked at me. I stepped a tiny bit closer.

"H-hey? Want the stick?" I asked.

The three of them growled and started running towards me. I gasped and took off running.

Before I knew it I was stuck sitting in a tree with the three dogs barking and scratching the tree.

"Well... Isn't this just Pawsome?" I grumbled."This is the exact reason why I'm a cat person."