Chapter 14: Nine Course Meal

Lukas's POV

After waking up, we all entered the mess hall for today's breakfast. Or more so, our non-existent breakfast. 

"What, no breakfast?" Trent widened his eyes.

"It's not like we're missing out on much." I commented.

"Still, something is better than nothing, right?" He stated.

"Oh don't worry bro. There will be plenty of food later on." Chris said as him and Chef began chuckling.

Me and Trent exchanged a look and shrugged.

"Congratulations to the remaining 11 campers for reaching the half way mark in the competition. You'll all be on the jury for the final episode."

"Oh yeah! We got the power!" Geoff cheered.

"The two teams will become one next week, but first. All the girls will be moved to the Gopher cabin and all the guys will stay in the Bass cabin. This weeks challenge is old as history itself. A battle of the sexes. After everyone is settled in I will annouce the challenge. And then, you'll have a uh, bite to eat." Chris said as him and Chef burst out laughing.

Me and Gwen exchanged a confused look.

"Ready for a little good news? This week no one will be kicked off." Chris annouced as we all cheered." It's all for reward and it's a good one. Okay, time to relocate. Let's move."

+

We all began heading back to the cabins to pack our things. I saw Gwen walking ahead. I was about to go talk to her but I felt a sudden hand on my shoulder. My eyes traced back at the hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, can I talk to you about something? Alone?" Trent asked.

"Uh, I guess." I shrugged.

We made some distance from the rest of the cast.

"So, what is it?" I asked.

"I-It's about Gwen." He stated.

Kinda felt like he was going to bring her up.

"What about Gwen?"

"I- I think I'm in love with her." 

"Oh. So, why exactly are you telling me this?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I just, how do I put this?" He facepalmed." You don't like Gwen, right?"

"Not the way you do." I answered.

"Okay. I just didn't want our friendship to get ruined. I think you understand." 

"Yeah, I get the gist. So, what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know yet. What should I do?"

"O-oh, trust me, You're better off on your own. I suck at advise for relationships."

"Really? Of all the people here, I thought you'd be good at relationships."

"I thought so too. At least at the time I did." I scratched the back of my head."So, I assume that's everything you wanted to ask me about?"

"Yeah, that would be it."

"Okay, well see you around." I said and began heading to the Gopher cabin.

After arriving at the cabin I got all my belongings and moved into the guys cabin. I saw all the guys partying and blasting music. I didn't really mind since, you know. It's not hurting anyone and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

I unpacked all my belongings and settled in. I picked a bed and just lied back listening to music on my phone. 

My attention was drawn by a loud burp. I quickly sat up and saw Geoff letting out this loud and ongoing burp. It somehow managed to knock my headphones off my head, move our hair out of place, and other strange affects.