Chapter Sixteen: The Metro Station | Part 2

The quintet shuffled around the room and slammed the door locked. The creature continued to claw the door open as they struggled to find a way out. It could still be heard banging on the door outside, but the door was strong enough the withstand the pounding for at least a few moments for them to think.

They slumped down to the ground to catch their breaths. It wasn't the first time that they had a near-death encounter. However, the combination of exhausting sprinting and inevitable fear quickly made sure that they would all be gasping for air.

Gregory leaned back all the way, squeezing and relaxing his eyes repeatedly in a cycle. He then began groaning painfully and breathing shakily. His lips had gone pale, and his right hand was clutching onto his gunshot wound.

Matthew lowered himself to get a closer look at Gregory's wound. It was still bleeding, just not profusely. He seemed to be suffering from both blood loss and a bacterial infection in his wound, which caused him to appear highly unwell.

"Gregory doesn't seem too well," he notified the group. "We probably have less than an hour before he loses too much blood and loses consciousness. He'll be in critical condition by then."

"That won't be a problem," Megan figured as she brought up a broom from the corner of the room and held it up as if she were an assassin, ready to kill. She then thwacked it onto the ground, breaking off a shard of the broom's tip and instantly sharpening it.

Daniel looked at her, then glanced at the shaking door. "So..."

"We open the door," she said boldly in a deep voice, "and we ram this right into its ugly face."

She got the rest to stand back as she laid her hand on the greasy doorknob. Her heart pounded—owing to both the nervousness and adrenaline building up in her. She then turned the knob slowly, preparing herself to face the creature eye-to-eye.

Finally, she swung the door open swiftly with much force, a shocking contrast to the way that she had turned the doorknob gently earlier on. She then braced herself for a raucous roar that would go right in her face coming from the creature.

However, the creature just stopped pounding and stood stationery as its fierce eyes glared right into her soul. Megan, however, stood rooted to the ground and wielded the sharpened broom.

"Take this right in your face, you ugly-ass scum!" she blared as she pushed the broomstick right into its right eye. She then pulled it out with all her force before plunging it back into the creature's left eye, causing blood to spray all over and instantly blinding it.

The creature shrieked in pain, causing everyone to cup their ears to shield themselves from the deafening scream of defeat coming from the monster. Even Megan herself dropped the broom to protect her ears. She lowered herself and moved back towards the rest of the group.

Meanwhile, blood continued to spurt out of the creature's damaged eyes before it fell right to the ground and went into a violent spasm. It was still alive but immobile for the moment.

Thus, Matthew and Daniel helped Gregory up to his feet again, although he couldn't walk very well. On the other hand, Megan led Jeanne out of the room, stepping over the shaking body of the creature very carefully.

Matthew and Daniel then settled Gregory down on a pillar, letting him rest while the rest sorted things out. Matthew walked around another pillar, thinking of how they could get onto any of the trains. They would have to stop some of the incoming trains somehow, but they didn't know how to.

Until Matthew spotted the technician's room.

Matthew moved over and twisted the doorknob of the door leading into the room. Pushing the door open, he inhaled the stale air that rushed out of the room. He entered the room and looked around it. It was significantly smaller than the janitor's closet but was large enough for two people to stay in. There were a bunch of insulated wiring and electrical boxes all around the room, but one of the boxes especially caught his attention.