Chapter-2

As Naina sat on her chair, holding her pencil again to complete that design that she had started earlier, she couldn't concentrate anymore.

  She found herself diving into the ocean of memories. Memories of her first meeting with him. She could still recall that day with complete clarity like it just happened tomorrow, when she had met Sameer for the first time.

  Sameer Maheshwari, the business tycoon of London and elder brother of Rohan Maheshwari or she should call half-brother of Rohan.

  She had never met him personally as he hadn't visited the wedding of her and Rohan, neither he had come to the funeral of Rohan.

  But today, after one month of Rohan's demise, the solicitors of the company which Rohan shared with Naina's father had called him urgently to read the will.

  Sitting alone in a room Naina was feeling numb. She was missing her beloved husband. She was so lost in her thoughts that couldn't register what was happening in front of her.

  Suddenly a click sound of the door and a chilly breeze made her look up to see who had intruded her privacy.

  Standing in front of her with his full glory was Sameer Maheshwari.

   Tall with spare height, muscles that cut at the right places,hair as black as a moonless night falling on his forehead with eyes equally black.

   Standing in the business suit, he was looking unfairly handsome. Nobody would believe that he was thirty years old.

  His hard black gaze took in the appearance of Naina who was sitting there in a simple white salwar with a blue duppata covering her front.

  Naina too found herself staring at him with a uncertain feeling.

  After some time Sameer broke the staring game and cleared his throat which made Naina back to the reality.

  Standing up slowly she straightened her dress and made her way to greet Sameer.

  She met his gaze steadily, tucking the loose hair behind her ear she held out her hand in greeting manner.

  She said huskily, "Hi. I'm Naina.. Naina Maheshwari. Sorry we had to meet in these circumstances."

   Still waiting for him to take her hand.

   "I doubt, we would have meet at all if it hadn't been these circumstances." He dismissed arrogantly.

   "Do you have any idea why I've been forced to attend this? " He looked at her with narrowed eyes, still ignoring her out stretched hand.

   Naina let her arm fall back to her side, shaking her head in negative.

  " I'm afraid, I don't. " She said looking at him with a frown on her face. " I presume it's because you've been named in the will..... "

  " Credit me with enough intelligence to know that Naina, " he cut her in the middle impatiently.

  " I'm a busy man. I don't have this much free time for all this drama. I have come here all the way over from London for the damned thing, why the lawyers couldn't have just informed me by mail!"
he snapped at her harshly.

"I'm sure that if you had explained... "

  "Oh, I did, " He again cut her and was about to snap at her again when the door opened, indicating the presence of the lawyers and Naina's family. Her mother and sister.

  They both shared a look with each other before looking at the lawyers. Every body listened carefully to the lawyers to find out about the will.

  After listening to the lawyers, Naina felt the land was scattering under her foot. Her numbness got replaced by shock and disbelief. She couldn't believe what Rohan had done!!

Thank you so much my dear friends for supporting me and voting and commenting on my story. I am so thankful to all of you for liking my story. This encouraged me to write further. Thank you once again. ❤❤.

And don't forget to vote and comment on this too.❤❤