Chapter-4

And like Sameer had promised her,he came back after two months to take over the position of company head.

But Naina hated seeing him there and more hated for the way he never left a chance to taunt her or torment her with his hateful words and annoying accusations.

"Mumma... "

Pihu cried impatiently. That made Naina to come back from her unpleasant past memories and give her full attention to her daughter who was standing there wih a frown.

" Yes, bacha. " She smiled down at Pihu, and made her sit on her lap.

"What were you thinking mumma? "

" Nothing baby. Let's go it's time for my princess's bath and getting her ready for the dinner. Aren't you excited to meet Nani and masi? "

She asked her, tickling her little feet that made Pihu laugh, which was music to Naina's ear.

" And Sameer uncle. I am more excited to meet him mumma. "

Yes, in these past months Sameer and Pihu had formed a bond as strong as the rift between her and him.

For Pihu, Sameer was the most wonderful and amazing person in the whole world.

And for Sameer she was his little 'Laddu' , the sweetness in his bitterly life. He adored and loved her openly.

And sometimes this made Naina insecure, but she would do anything for her angel's happiness.

And that was the reason she bore his presence in her home regularly.

Shaking her head a little she nodded at her daughter and took her to the huge oval jacuzzi and made a bubble bath for her.

As Pihu played with the bubbles squealing delightfully, Naina went to the adjoining room for looking something to wear for herself as well as for Pihu.

Her mother hadn't invited her for the dinner in her home and she wasn't surprised at all.

She knew her mother more than this to mind her action.

After Rohan's death her mother had invited both her and Pihu to move in with them.

But Naina never wanted to be a burden on anybody.

That was the reason she had refused her mother and her mother had taken that as rejection.

Apart from the occasional invitation for Pihu to join them for a play after school or an outing at the weekends, her mother Bela and sister Preeti had become wrapped up in their own lives once again.

Rarely giving a thought about her, Pihu's mother, widowed at only twenty-four.

God, she was starting to sound self-pitying now, she thought.

She shook her head vigorously and look at the wardrobe once again.

Though she wasn't invited to the dinner, she had another dinner engagement with one of her friends and colleague.

" Wear that yellow dress mumma. "

Pihu grinned at her enchantingly from the bathroom.

"The one papa liked most. "

Pihu added softly, as sadness entering the golden-brown eyes at the thought of her father.

Naina's own hand shook slightly as she reached for the yellow and pink dress, that Rohan had always loved on her.

Some tear drops made their way to her cheek as she stood there remembering the look of appreciation and proud in Rohan's eyes for her.

And when Pihu said her to choose that dress, for sometime she felt like Rohan himself saying her that.

"Yes. Wear that dress. At least u will look innocent and honest in that dress which is far from your reality. " Echoed a voice mockingly.

Naina spun round to look at the person, that voice belonged to.

And she wasn't surprised to see the owner of that voice standing at the door with a smirk on his face and hands on his pocket.

Thanks for the support friends. I am really thankful for ur votes and comments.

Do vote for this chapter too and share ur valuable thoughts with me.

Thank you. ❤❤