Chapt. 12

━━━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━━━Hotaru's P

Hotaru's P.O.V

The three of us were running as fast as we can. Kudo was ahead of me and Iride was behind me. I looked back at Iride to see his tired face. I turn back to face Kudo, he also had a such a tired look.

"I think we are far ahead right now, let's stop for now", I shouted out loud.

The two of them nodded and slowed down that pace. Iride, who was panting like crazy, leaned on the wall and slid down into a sitting position on the floor. Kudo went to the broken wall, right next to Iride, and tried taking the iron pipe out of it.

"You sounded so enthusiastic about her plan.", Kudō grunted, having a little hard time grabbing the pipe out.

"The long way is super long", Iride sighed out,
"I mean, it's called a long way for a reason", I said, while I am trying to catch my breath.

"Well whatever", Kudo then pulled out the pipe and handed it to Iride, "you're going to need one of these".

"You know I'm only in pe 2 right?", Iride asked him. While Kudo pulls out 2 other pipes out and handing one to me. "And I'm not expecting much from you", Kudo said.

I stared at the pole in my hands. Why is? What did we do to deserve this. It was all I could think about. I just couldn't get my head wrapped around the idea of this. When I look at everyone else, I feel like I'm the only one still not accepting the idea of this. I mean look at Iride, he volunteered to be apart of the games. He's so positive...I sighed.

"Is there something wrong of the  two of you?", Iride asked us, worryingly. I looked at him, a little taken aback. I guess I was really spacing out. I just shook my head no. "Nah it's nothing", Kudō responded.

"We should get going", Kudo said. But right when we were about to start moving, we saw a figure move close to us. When it stepped closer, we finally saw the person's face. It was Sarayshiki. My eyes widened when I saw her. But how? She was with the others, so how is she here now?

"Oh hey Karin", Iride greeted, nonchalantly. "Wait didn't you run off the other way?", Kudo asked.

Sarayshiki didn't respond. All she did was tilt her head and smiled. And let me tell you, that ain't no regular smile. All three of us just sweat dropped, knowing that the Sarayshiki will never randomly smile at us like that ever.

"Something is off about her", I said. Kudo agreeing with me, raised his pipe standing in front of me and Iride, shielding us. Tsundere...

Despite how off Sarayshiki is being, Iride approach her. "Are you ok?" Iride asked, lIt's not like you to be so quiet."

Like before, Sarayshiki doesn't answer and just stayed quiet. Then she hugged him. Ok now I definitely know that ain't Sarayshiki. I then saw vines (?) coming out of no where. It's one of those monsters!

"Get away from her! That isn't the real Sarayshiki", I yelled out to the boy. "Yeah she is right! That isn't the occult girl!", kudo shouted.

The monster then let go of Iride and transformed. Bitting Iride's face in the process. "Ow! Get off me! I taste terrible I swear!", Iride shouted in pain.

Kudo then ran and jumped. "You let him go!", he shouted. Stabbing the pipe right in the monster's head. The monster let out a painful scream, releasing Iride from it's grasp. However, there were still vines attacking. It tried to grabbed Kudo, but I ran up and h it away with the pipe. Kudo then grabbed a hold of me, and we ran away from the monster. Also, grabbing Iride in the process.

"What the hell were you think back there?!", Kudo questioned. "It was stupid I know!", Iride retorted back. "You think?", I asked, panting.
"Look we almost made it to the exit!", Iride pointed out.

It wasn't long until Kudo stopped running. Letting go of Iride's hand and putting it on the window. He slid down, still gripped my hand like he was in pain or something.

"Go without me... I'll be fine" he said and then he passed out. My eyes widened and I'd dropped to his side, "Kudo!" I exclaimed. That monster might get here soon. If we don't leave we will get hurt or even worse, killed! I heard noises from behind the three of us.

It's too late

━━━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━━━