Chapter one

(Little authors note before we jump into this, this is an idea that came to me while I was at work and I literally couldn't stop thinking about it so thats why i've decided to do this. Please don't harass any creators to be together, but also don't harass any fanfic writer for writing anything about these two. Dream has said multiple times he doesn't care about people writing the fanfics or shipping him and George. (Sorry about the straight comment I thought I fixed this earlier and I didn't but yeah dream is unlabeled and George said he is straight we are not Dan and philling this ) That being said, I hope you enjoy this little story. Sorry if uploads end up being scattered and far apart. feed back is appreciated!)

.

.

.

.

The bulky man laid a suitcase full of gold on the table across from Dream. It was more gold than he'd ever been offered on a job, and he wasn't about to say no. Although, the risks involved did cause him to hesitate.

Dream was known by many for his reputation of being a class A bounty hunter. He was incredibly skilled in hunting people down and getting exactly what he wanted either from or out of them. He was usually a very hot item on the market, but business had been slow for quite some time. So when this man approached him on this fine evening, he didn't hesitate to hear him out. Dream needed the gold, and he needed to get out of Versial soon.

The King of Versial had been on his ass for quite some time. Implementing laws and curfews that made it harder for Dream to corner his target alone or sneak into their houses. Offers slowed out of nerves since no one wanted to take the chance now that the stakes had risen.

Dream, realizing this, knew he needed to head to another city. However, the only way out or in was by either going the legit path, threw the gates, or sneaking over the tall walls. Huge metal walls surrounded the city of Versial, implemented by the King of course, to keep out bad men like Dream. There was no way he could just walk past the guards without a little bribery, and thats where the gold came in.

"I want you to kidnap the Prince." His potential hirer stated calmly, "No ones seen that kid in years and due to that, he's worth a fine dime on the market back in Chilsn."

Dream shifted his weight to his left leg and his mind went to work. It was true the King's son hadn't been seen since he was 8, but that meant Dream wouldn't have a clue where to start. No one would be able to give him leads on what to look for except to look in the castle. The King kept his son locked away from the public, and no one knew why. Dream knew the castle well enough to navigate around but once inside how would he know who to kidnap?

"So?" The man stuck out his hand, growing more impatient by the second. Dream knew there were other bounty hunters out there this man could hire, but he also knew he was the best anyone could afford. Plus, he really needed that gold.

"You've got yourself a deal." He reached a gloved hand out and shook the mans hand. The boss smiled before closing the suitcase and sliding it back towards himself. Dream would get pain once he'd delivered his end of the deal. That's the way it always went, and he knew that.

"If you work fast, I'll throw in a bonus 200k." Dreams head perked up at this. He was already getting 500k just for the Prince but another 200 would help him loads in the next city.

His new boss chuckled, and took out a flyer. It was a wanted poster but all that was drawn was dreams signature mask and hoodie. He never took his mask off in front of others and used his hoodie to hide distinguishable qualities, such as his hair length and color.

"Now if you fail, I'll have no problem claiming this reward." The man pointed at the bottom of the wanted ad. The King was offering 300k for Dreams dead body and 600k for him alive. He was well aware of the bounty on his head, he just also knew you'd have to be a damn fool to try and claim it. Dream wasn't phased by his bossed threat, instead he found it amusing.

Glad the man couldn't see his smile beneath his mask, Dream held back a laugh.

"I never fail. You'll get you're Prince in no less than 7 days."

After discussing a few more details and a overall game plan, Dream was off and headed into the night. He figured he could do it all In one try but needed a week to plan it all out.

First he'd contact Tommy, a friend he'd made a few years back in an underground poker game. Tommy was a member of the Elite guard also hated the King, and would help some of the bounty hunters do their jobs just a bit easier as long as it didn't affect his own. It wouldn't be too difficult to contact him, but Dream would have to wait a day or two before he'd have the chance.

Next, he'd sneak into the castle where he'd finagle his way around until he reached the Princes quarters. He wasn't sure exactly where that happened to be but he figured it couldn't be that hard to find. Dream also figured Tommy may be able to give some intel on that location. After he managed to find the Princes room, he'd kidnap the boy and then get paid. Easy, simple, and quick.

Except it wouldn't be any of those things. The King's son was obviously going to be heavily guarded and it was going to be incredibly difficult to somehow manage around all of them. Dream walked in the shadows as he planned. Glancing at the different closed shops trying to become inspired. It didn't matter what rank bounty hunter Dream was, even he knew it wasn't going to be an easy task.

Luckily, the King's curfew guaranteed Dream safe traveling at night. Though it had been in the King's interest to do the opposite, Dream found having no people around was equally as helpful in disguising himself as having hundreds around.

In fact, Dream was surprised when he looked further up the street and saw a person dashing down towards his direction. Dream was curious as to why this person was sprinting so late at night. Dream concluded this person must be on the run and new to it seeing as they weren't bothering to hide their presence in the shadows like he was. However as the stranger passed him on the street, the thought passed along with them.

Dream took a sudden right into an ally as he heard Guards approaching, their heavy armor shuffling giving them away. His mask would be a dead giveaway as to who he was, and he couldn't afford to have that happen.

Dream would also be uber pissed off if the reason he was found was due to some random person indirectly leading the guards to his location. Sure, Dream could've taken a back street or anything other than one of the main roads, but he enjoyed walking the main streets at night. Though there were no people around, they always left their stores lit up and bright. Dream was a sucker for aesthetically pleasing store fronts.

"Find him! We can't let him escape!" One guard yelled while passing right by Dreams hiding spot. The King's guards were never that bright to begin with, and Dream always enjoyed watching them fail to find their targets. Especially when they were oh so close to finding them.

"He couldn't of gotten far! He wouldn't know where to go!" Another shouted back. After a few minutes Dream heard the footsteps dull and fade away down the street. After deeming it safe, he turned to enter further into the ally. Clearly it wasn't going to be a good idea to walk the main streets with guards around. Shrugging and sighing in disappointment, he pulled his hood up and began walking, he was better off sticking to the back roads anyways.

"Those King's men must've been after that person who was sprinting." Dream said to himself bemused. He chuckled slightly at a passing thought of running from guards back in his starter days. However, his thoughts were short-lived as a force slammed into his back causing him to slam into the concrete.

"WATCH OUT!" was all Dream heard before feeling the cement collide with his knees and hands. Dream wasn't too prideful to admit to himself that it hurt. It hurt really bad.

The person on top of Dream's back scrambled off quickly and began apologizing in a hushed tone. Before getting up, Dream flinched as he looked down and saw how his mask had broke into three pieces. Though he'd managed to stop himself with his hands, the force caused his mask to fall loose and off his face. He looked at it on the ground before him, shattered.

Sitting up, He grabbed the sections and tucked them into his hoodie. Dream knew it wouldn't matter if this one person knew his true identity for they wouldn't be alive to tell the tale. He then turned around, hand gripped on a hidden dagger.

"Oh wow."