Chapter nine

Tubbo POV

Watching his best friend stand not even a foot in front of him, Tubbo sat feeling useless. He was resisting the urge to step out and face the consequences of The Kings hand, but knew it would only make matters worse on everyone. Tommy's hands were shaking slightly, and as the blonde approached him slowly the tension seemed only to grow. Tubbo was praying Tommy would keep his smart-ass comments to himself this time.

"What are you doing here Innit?" Punz had never really like Tommy, and the pair were very aware of that. Annoyance was plastered on the guards face as Tommy let out a nervous laugh.

"Well Big P, It's just such a nice night out y'know? Thought I'd fancy a walk." Tubbo saw Dream place a hand on his mask like he was face palming, and felt the same. He felt his stomach sink as Punz's mouth drew into a frown.

"Well I fancy kicking your ass and reporting you to Bad." The blonde shot back and Tommy started to back up.

"Listen big fella! before you do anything hasty, I asked Bad if I could come down here! He was at that one bakery with Eret!" Tommy was franticly trying to get his story in place, but Punz didn't seem to buy it.

Punz put a hand on his sword handle, and followed forward after him. They were moving in a slow, threatening pace. Words falling out of Tommy's mouth, meaning everything and nothing at the same time, began to piss the guard off further more. 

Tubbo began to put his hand on the metal door handle, but felt Dream grab his wrist before he had the chance to turn it. He whipped his head around to look at the tall green hooded man, a man he trusted enough to do right by them, but not enough to lose his best friend over. The masked man was shaking his head, almost begging Tubbo to just wait one more second, but he wasn't sure Tommy had another second.

"Okay." Punz called out suddenly, "Shut up and follow me. I'll forget about this for now, but you owe me two shifts." Punz tuned back toward the hidden three's location, and started walking. Tommy let out a loud breath of relief and followed after the man. Glancing slightly at the hidden trio's door before continuing on.

A few moments passed in silence before Tubbo all but caved in from the stress, crumpling onto the floor.

"Hey man, you good?" Dream crouched down next to the 16 year old, trying to reassure him. He whispered that Tommy was going to be just fine like always and it made Tubbo regain his balance again. After getting up, he grabbed the door's handle and twisted it left. It made a small click and let them out. Tommy had shown Tubbo the map layout of how to get to the exit a few times, so he was sure he could do this without him. He just didn't want to.

"Well...Let's go then." He sounded dejected, head hung low. It'd always been him and Tommy and he was unsure of what he'd do if they ever separated. He'd never really put much thought into it before, and now...

"God just...stay quiet Tommy."

POV Dream

After what seemed like around an hour of following Tubbo around the small corridor, they were finally approaching a light. He heard George sigh in relief, and felt a small grin spread under his mask. 

He was a little nervous of running into Punz again, but he knew that if they had, he would've just taken care of it. The dagger in his waistband felt cold pressed against his stomach, and he felt it press onto him with each step he took. He wouldn't of liked doing it in front of Tubbo, but he'd kill the blonde to save the brunettes best friend. He knew too well what that felt like, and didn't wish it on anyone. Tommy was annoying, but he shouldn't have to die in front of Tubbo. He didn't mind killing complete strangers, but this time around even a cold monster like him would've felt bad.