Chapter five

(Little Authors note: I start school on Monday but will try my best to keep weekly updates. Thanks for all the support!)

Tubbo was kind enough to welcome Dream and George into his home. Though he and Dream weren't super close, Dream really enjoyed being in Tubbo's presence. Well, as much as he could enjoy It anyways. The young boy reminded Dream of an old friend he had in his youth. Dream didn't allow anyone to get that close anymore.

Plopping down on a leather couch, he let out a sigh of pure comfort. He'd come over more if it meant just to sit on this couch, he even thought once or twice about stealing it. He patted the space next to him for George to sit on since he was still lingering in the door frame, unsure of what to do with himself. 

Tubbo smiled politely at the new stranger, a way of saying "make yourself at home" without actually saying it, and walked over into his open kitchen. He flicked on the stove top and began to prepare some tea for his guests.

"Sorry if the place is a mess! I wasn't expecting you, of course, otherwise I'd have baked something. I've taken baking up recently and I actually really like it!" The boy fretted around his kitchen whilst going on about the different cook books he'd been studying. "Though Tommy says I should focus my time on more 'manly things.' Pfft, as if he'd know." Dream chuckled slightly at the duo's dynamic.

"S'alright Tubbo, don't do anything special for me. I don't deserve it." Dream's tone fell slightly, and he readjusted his sitting position to be less valuable and more guarded. He felt Georges eyes on him and resisted the urge to say something, gritting his teeth.

"Nonsense, you've done nothing but help Tommy and I since we met you. It would be the least I could do." He walked back out to the main room, and laid three matching tea cups down on a wooden coffee table. George and Dream picked up a cup and began blowing on the liquid to cool it down. Standing up proud of his host work, he eyed the two before him, "Why are you here though?"

"Ah, you see..." Dream took a sip of his hot tea, "...I was actually hoping Tommy would be home. Need some... wall help." He could feel the air tense up in the room as the boys who didn't know each other wondered what the latter knew. Dream gave a small laugh before placing his tea cup back down. "How rude of me not to introduce you two, to each other. My bad..."

He cleared his throat

"Tubbo, this is George. I don't know much about him but he knows a lot about me from what I gather. Though I am pretty famous, how could you not know this handsome mug." Dream posed dramatically in his seat and Tubbo chuckled. George wasn't nearly as amused, he remain silent and uncomfortable. "He's helping with a job I got two days ago."

"George," Dream paused as his eyes met the others through his mask, "This is Toby, or Tubbo, a helper of mine that I tolerate more than I do most people. He's the roommate of Mr. Innit who is going to aid us over the wall. Though, there's still a bit of bad blood between Tommy and I."

"This is true, Tommy is very upset with you Dream." Tubbo shook his head and wiped his hands on his apron. Dream noticed he also had some of his buttons mis-buttoned, on his button up forest green shirt. "You should be careful, he was very angry for quite some time after he found out you stole one of his records."

"I know, I know," Dream waved Tubbo off. Dream only took it because he needed leverage on Tommy if he ever felt the need to out Dream's location to the King. "Tubbo you know why I did it, and he as well." The brunette sighed and took a seat in a love chair close by.

"Im aware, Dream. We just, or he mainly, got upset because we figured you trusted us enough to know we'd never betray you and rat to that corrupt King." Tubbo spat out the word 'King' in utter disgust. The negative emotion from Tubbo caught Dream slightly off guard.