chapter 2

sakusa heard a quiet chuckle behind him then footsteps following him. "you don't talk a lot do you?" the voice from behind sakusa questioned. sakusa froze. people barely talked to him let alone this straight forward.

     "i guess I don't," sakusa blankly said regaining his composure.

     'this boy is definitely interesting' both boys thought, referring to the other.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

     sakusa slowly took off his gloves, cringing at the loss of the feeling. he removed his mask next setting it in trash and putting a spare one next to his jacket for easy access after practice. he could feel the blond's eyes questionly staring.

     "is my omi-omi sick?" atsumu said in a teasing tone, spinning the ball in his hand.

     sakusa glared at the setter who was smirking back. if looks could kill, atsumu would be rushed to the hospital.

     "i just don't like ... g-germs. and stop calling me that we are not friends."

     "how cute."

     "what did you just say?" sakusa had already walked past the setter but slightly turned his head. without his mask a look of shock showed on his face.

     "oh nothing omi-omi." a smirk layed on the setters face knowing he got a reaction.

     sakusas huff could be heard even from a distance. he hated showing any emotion, but this boy, he sure was something.

     'if this is how you want to play, so be it.'

     sakusa tossed the ball to atsumu. by the time the ball reached atsumu, sakusa was already running towards the net. he reached his arms up and jumped. atsumu pinpointed the spikers maximum hitting point and set it. sakusa brought his palm down with force. sakusa felt a sting of his palm as he hit it on the other side of the court. a huge smack could be heard from the ball landing.

     "woah."

     "wait he's actually good."

     "who knew?"

     atsumu stood there in shock. he didn't really expect him to be that good. sakusa slowly started to turn to hit another.

     "being dumb founded isn't a good look on you miya." a small smirk could be seen tugging on the side of sakusa's face.

     atsumu snapped out of his state of shock. his face quickly spotting a deep blush.

     "uh i just didn't kn-know you were that good..." atsumu mumbled, going back to his original position. "also , are you saying that when i don't look down founded i look good?" his narcissistic personality coming back right away at the hope this was a compliment. before sakusa could even respond atsumu dragged on. "oh, and don't call me miya it get's confusing."

     sakusa quickly turned around, tilting his head slowly to the side. "and why is that?"

     "uh, cause i have a twin so you can't say miya or we will both turn around ya know, just call me atsumu. it's less confusing."

     sakusa just slowly nodded his head, turning back around. he forgot that atsumu had a twin brother. maybe he was more ah how would he put it ... chill. he figured he would just call him atsumu. he rather not cause any more of an uproar from him.

     practice continued as normal, a little talk back and forth giving feedback until the coach called them all back together.

     "i feel like we made enough progress for today so please eat and shower." a few nods and murmurs could be heard as people started to walk out. "OH AND REMEMBER TOMORROW WILL BE A LOT HARDER!" obvious groans could be heard. the coach laughed slowly. 'this sure is a group of some strange students.'