chapter 7

"who knew i could bring out this side of you," atsumu sighed happily.

     before sakusa could complain atsumu smiled as he reached up to kiss sakusa one last time before they went their separate ways.

     "this counts as our first date right?" atsumu said giggling as he leaned into sakusas chest.

     "i'll let that slide," sakusa whispered as he reached down to kiss atsumu's forehead.

     "i'll see you soon," sakusa said, slightly sad to go. he untangled their fingers, giving a slight squeeze before he let go.

     atsumu nodded as he smiled back. "bye omi-omi."

     for once sakusa didn't complain about the nickname.

     as they walked their separate ways they both smiled knowing even if they couldn't be anything now their time would eventually come.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

     as the days went by, days turned into weeks all edging closer to the day both boys awaited. the days nationals would begin and the boys would finally both see eachother again. even with the little time apart both boys missed each other. as the young love blossomed the text and calls continued. even though the screen sakusa still made atsumu's heart flutter.

     "you texting your boyfriend again?" komori questioned, laughing slightly.

     sakusa dropped the slight smile on his face looking up to glare at the boy. komori took this as a yes. he knew even if the boys weren't dating they both were obviously head over heels for the other.

     komori had been observing the slight smile that always appeared on sakusas face whenever he was texting or calling atsumu. he thought of how the two boys eagerly awaited nationals as if it was his wedding day.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

     "still texting mr. mysterious?" osamu questioned as suna sat beside him slowly falling asleep on osamu's shoulder.

     "i'm telling you he's the one, gosh you guys never believe me," atsumu groaned dramatically throwing his hands around.

     "i don't want to see you get hurt, i don't even know what he he looks like," osamus hissed trying to hide his concernment. he left suna slightly laugh.

     "just wait until nationals," atsumu proudly said flashing a smile.

     osamu sighed deeply as his love sick brother.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

     "one week bitch," the bland voice came through the phone.

     "i already told you omi-kun you can't hide the fact you're excited to see me with your monotone voice," atsumu chuckled looking at the boy through the phone as he spun a volleyball in his hands.

     "shut it idiot."

     they fell into a silence as they usually did as they started their homework. it wasn't an awkward silence as it use to be, it was one of peacefulness. the silence was told them both, 'we don't need to talk 24/7 your presence is enough.' most face times had many of these silences.

     as the minutes passed atsumu grew bored of his math homework. he looked up at his phone to see the handsome ace concentrating hard on his homework

     'cute'

     atsumu noticed sakusas features more and more now, to the point where even when sakusa was wearing a mask he knew exactly where his lips were.