chapter 12

"did something happen with you too?" hinata flopped his head.

     atsumu let out a breath as he looked back at sakusa.

     "no," both of them said in unison.

     an awkward silence followed this as atsumu excused himself for the night and started walking back. sakusa followed shortly after not finding comfort without the little arguments. he knew he shouldn't have said it.

     because he surely didn't mean what he said.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

     and so the first week of atsumu ignoring sakusa began. atsumu rarely came home staying at bokutos and if he came home he stayed in his room. practice was the worst of it. with atsumu not communicating to him, their plays never matched up leaving the entire team a wreck.

     atsumu was a tornado. he had no sense of organization or order. he was the type of person to fill the entire room with his presence. a presence that made it hard not to smile and laugh. he left bits and pieces of himself everywhere. from the little pieces of papers sakusa would leave out and come back to find small doodles or his collection of random mugs he always left scattered around their dorm. atsumu was present in every part of sakusas life now.

     sakusa was the feeling of rainy days. he kept to himself and tried to take up the least amount of space in a room. he believed his presence should stay to himself and that's how he liked it. when the thought of sharing his presence with someone came to his mind one night he had to immediately push the thought to the back of his mind.

     it was 11 at night and sakusa missed this presence.

     it was 11 at night but sakusa could still hear the sound of the TV in their living area. he smoothed his hands over his face before stepping out of his room.

     atsumu sat on his bed scrolling through his phone. he strained to hear sakusa walk into their living area and turn the tv off. he let out a sigh knowing he must have left it on again. he rolled over snuggling further under the covers.

     the knock on his door surprised him as he sat up as the door opened.

     "i'm sorry," sakusa whispered looking down at the floor.

     the words hit atsumu as he realized sakusa, one of the most stubborn people he had ever met, was at his door apologizing.

     "did'ja mean it?" atsumu kept his voice steady.

     "no," the words fell from the man's lips.

     "then that's all that matters," atsumu smiled. "but i want one thing from ya."

     sakusa raised his eyes to meet the boys and tilted his head slightly.

     "dance with me omi."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

     if you were to tell kiyoomi sakusa he would be effortlessly swaying with a man he despised in their living room in the middle of the night he would have thought you were actually crazy.

     yet that is what was just about to happen.

     "omi i've washed my hand twice and showereddd," atsumu groaned. he half expected to be immediately turned down and go back to sleep, but when sakusa gave him a slight nod he couldn't refuse.

     "this is embarrassing," sakusa sighed.

     "only because yer making it. oh oh i want to choose the song!" atsumu hopped over the counter grabbing sakusa's phone that was connected to their speaker.