Çhapter [6]

Over the months Darkos and Echo grew more close to each other and as they were of the same age they understood each other perfectly. Echo turned out to be more naive than Darkos thought and Darkos grew more fond of her and he vowed in his mind to protect her with his life .Echo did not have parents so she lived in a small house near the market. More than once during he time spent between Darkos and Echo he would suddenly get irritated and annoyed over nothing but Echo would always calm him down. Darkos still did not talk to his mother and avoided her every time though he had already forgiven her. A year had passed and then one day tragedy struck. It was Darkos' 16th birthday and he had just come back from seeing Echo. "I'm home" he proceeded to go to his room as always when he noticed that his mother did not come to wish him happy birthday or complain about him going out of the house as usual. It was then he heard the faint whisper of his mother "D-Da-Dark......." He immediately knew that something was wrong as he dashed to his mother's room "Mom?" He burst open the door. Nothing could prepare him for what he saw next. Athalena was lying in a pool of blood with a big C scorched on her chest. He rushed to her side "Mom!!!" No response "Mom! please talk to me mom?" She then grasped his hand weakly and said "T-they d-d-did this" "Who did this mom? Who hurt you?" She only looked in his eyes and said two words "Council..........Earth" then she stopped breathing. He did not seem to notice this though because he still held on to her and said "I-I'm so sorry mom,I'm so sorry, I forgive you pls stay with me you'll be fine" it was then he noticed her glassy blue eyes."Mom!!!" "Mom!!" He thundered. He immediately stood up as heard some voices at the front door. He had not completely made it to the living room when the door was broken down and five men wearing hoods over their fads walked in. For a moment he forgot his rage as he stared at the strange men with curiosity. But then he saw the letter C on their hoods and remembering the C on his mother's chest his rage came back to him in folds."HOW DARE YOU COME INTO MY HOUSE AND TAKE MY MOTHER FROM ME!!!"He thundered and as he was approaching them he saw a glimpse of silver and immediately stopped short. He saw Echo for a second and then everything else happened in a blur as one of the council members flung his hands towards Darkos and a bright light came out of it and before he knew it a weight knocked him down but he did not feel any pain and the council members had disappeared. It was then he felt warm liquid on his chest and when he looked up his eyes met a pair of glassy ones with a C above it.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Oh Nooooooooo😭😭😭😭😭
Cliffhanger everyone:-) :-) :-)