08 ♪ Park

it was a saturday, meaning there were no classes for today. atsumu had woken up earlier than he planned, which made the thoughts of jogging come to his mind.

he rubbed his eyes then stared at his phone which read 7:05am. he looked at the bunker above him and saw his twin's foot dangling at the side. he heard osamu's snores too, which made him sigh.

atsumu got up from the bottom bunk, yawning before exiting the shared room he had with his brother. "yer up early." his mother greeted him when he arrived at the kitchen.

"i was plannin' to go out for a jog." he replied, grabbing some toast that was on the table.

"why don'tcha bring your brother with you?"

"he's still snorin'. wouldn't wanna wake him up, y'know how cranky he gets." he bites off a part of the bread and sat down at the table with his mother.

after eating, atsumu dressed up in his jersey and some pants before walking out the door in his rubber shoes. as he ran, the leaves crunched up beneath him while the cold breeze hits his uncovered face. atsumu wasn't the type to wake up early, but for some reason he just couldn't get any sleep last night. so instead of forcing himself to go back to sleep, he went out to jog. osamu had complained about his tossing and turning under him so he didn't want to be stuck with his twin who he annoyed any longer.

why he didn't get sleep, he didn't know the main reason. well— maybe he did, but he was in denial. he couldn't stop thinking about you the whole night. his thoughts were all over the place that he was just flat out confused.

while running, a volleyball came dribbling in front of him. he stopped running, catching up to his breath. he picked up the ball, which felt softer than the ball he was used to. maybe it's from a kid, he thought.

"oh hey mister, you found my ball!" a kid with a buzz cut walked up to him, pointing at the ball he was holding.

"oh, this yers?" the little boy nods. "you play volleyball?"

"yup! i'm a spiker!" he motions him hitting the air. "pretty good one myself, if you ask me!" the boy placed both his hands on his hips as if boasting his skills.

"heh? really now?" atsumu smirked, an idea coming into mind. "want me to toss for you?" he asks, spinning the ball around his finger.

"really?!" the boy's eyes sparkled in excitement. "that'd be awesome!"

you on the other hand, were buying coffee at the nearest vending machine. after having three hours of sleep last night, takeru had dragged you along with him to the park to play. you had no choice to go  since you made a promise with him yesterday about owning it up to him. you sighed, opening the can of coffee that instantly spreads its strong smell around.

you took a sip to keep you awake and went back to the place where you last saw your brother. he was a big fan of volleyball— since his uncle taught him about it back when you lived in miyagi— so it had been a routine for the little boy to practice every weekend at the park.

"wow! your tosses are perfect!"

"i know right!"

from the distance, you heard takeru talking with another person. you furrowed your brows, wondering who it might be. the person sounded much older after all. you walked towards the voices, only to be met by a certain blonde.

you spat the coffee you were drinking in shock and coughed which caught the attention of both of them. "[L/N]?" atsumu called out when he saw you nearby.

"you know her?" takeru pointed at you.

"yeah, she's my girlfriend."

there was a minute of silence, the only sound coming from the wind blew past the three of you. suddenly, takeru bursts out laughing.