28 ♪ Roses

"let's end the deal."

you saw it coming. you knew he'd say it, but you still can't shake the ache your heart felt. you clenched your fist, giving the boy in front of you a small smile.

"yeah. let's end it."

atsumu could see the sadness in your eyes as you agreed to his words. his eye twitched, knowing he mislead you into the wrong idea.

"i meant–"

"[Y/N]-chan? we're going." oikawa came behind you, his once sweaty uniform replaced with a tracksuit. you gave him a nod before turning back to atsumu.

"...see ya."

"wait–" atsumu reached out to you, but oikawa had managed to grab your shoulder and turned you back away from him. the brown haired setter stuck his tongue out, making an irk mark appear on the blonde's forehead.

while oikawa was walking alongside you, you tried your best to act normal about it. you felt your eyes stinging, but you tried to keep it in especially since your uncle was around.

"did you just break up with him?" he suddenly asks, shocking you.

"...you heard?" you couldn't look at him, your eyes still fixated at the ground.

"so you did?"

you sighed, wondering how you were going to explain it to him. "well, how should i put this..." oikawa raised his brow, waiting for your reply.

"we... weren't actually together in the first place."

oikawa halted beside you, his eyes blinking twice. "...what?!"

°

"whaddya mean you didn't tell her?!"

"her uncle was there i can't just confess in front of him!"

"why d'ya have to phrase it as, "let's end it"?! you made things worse!"

"i... i know okay!" atsumu shouts at his twin while he was drying his hair with a towel. "i'll talk to her in private."

"and when is that, exactly?" osamu shuts his locker door, letting his back lean against the cold metal.

"i'll text her. right now." atsumu grabs the phone from his pocket, dialing your number.

Me

Hey, are you free tomorrow?
message not delivered

the blonde freezes when he saw what was on his screen. osamu notices and took a peak, only to snicker a laugh at the sight. "did she just block you?"

atsumu wanted to throw his phone just so he couldn't look at his screen anymore. "...shit."

°

the next day, atsumu stood in front of your house and waits for you to come out. he stood at your front gate, checking the time on his phone and grew a bit anxious as time went by.

minutes later, the front door opens. atsumu straightens his position and smiled widely, only to see takeru coming out without you.

"ah, atsumu-kun!" the little boy greets, running up to him. "are you here for [Y/N]?"

"yeah, where is she?"