Tell me im doing the right thing

About an hour later after weight every decision and every possibility I had made my decision. I walked back into the hospital and Will saw me and came over.
" save her. Do what you have to do to save her." I said and he nodded, gave me a hug and walked away. I went into a private waiting room. A few minutes later Hailey walked in.

"Tell me I'm doing the right thing

"Tell me I'm doing the right thing." I said

She just looked at me like everyone has been

She just looked at me like everyone has been. With sadness in their eyes.
"You did the right thing here, Jay." She said and she put her hand on my leg and I just zoned out for what seemed like forever.

Hours later...

We were back in the main waiting room with everyone and Dr. Choi, dr. Rhodes and Will came out.
"She's awake." Will said and I nodded and followed them. I walked to her room to see her all hooked up to wires and a tear streamed down my face.
"Jay? What happened?" She asked groggily.
"You got shot, Brooke. You breached the barrier at the park when you saw that guy. You went after him alone. He shot you twice. Once through and through and the other..." I trailed off
"The other..." she said wanting me to continue
"There were some difficulties with it." I said
"What do you mean difficulties?"
"Brooke, you were bleeding, bad. They couldn't stop it without surgery. Both of your lives were in danger. I had a decision to make. You or the baby."
"... and you chose mine?"
"I only had two choices Brooke, you or the baby." I said
"You should've chose the baby." She said
"What?" I asked taken back by it.
"You should have chosen the baby, Jay." She said getting louder.
"And then what? Lose you and then what? Raise the kid by myself as a constant reminder that you're gone?"
"What's the difference, Jay?! Now we have a constant reminder that the baby is gone! It's me being alive!"
" I HAD TWO CHOICES! We never had this discussion. Never sat down and said hey who would you save? I made the decision to save the person I love most in this world."
"Maybe if that was true our kid would still be here and I wouldn't." She said. At this point all the staff was by the room.
"You don't mean that." I said
"Get out of my room, Jay."
"Brooke!" I yelled and Will pulled me out of the room.
"Give her time. She's grieving. She needs to wrap her head around all of this." He said and I yanked my arm away.
"She hates me." I said and walked away.