I got you

Jay POV:

After everything that happened the past week we were meeting with her mom for brunch. We were talking about how some of our friends were adjusting to single life and dating again and we were reminiscing our own.
" ya know like the late nights out and meeting up with new people on the daily.. not knowing who's gonna stick around or if it's just a fling." I said

" I said

"Okay... that's your ideal situation." Brooke said laughing.
"I never said ideal." I said and she looked at me and I just looked back at her.
Brooke cleared her throat "she's late."
"How long do you want to sit and wait for her?" I asked

""How long do you want to sit and wait for her?" I asked

"You know you're right this was a bad idea let's just go." She said
"That's not what I was saying. Listen you wanted to hear her out so let's hear her out." I said. A little while later her mom walked in.
"You're late." Brooke said. She looked at Brooke and then at me and back at Brooke.

" jay, would you mind? Could we just have one minute?" Her mom asked

"Sure." I said getting up but Brooke grabbed my arm.
"No. She said and pulled me back down "he's my husband, mom. Father of my child. So, what you can tell me you can tell him. What's up." She said
"I don't think who they thought your father was is really your dad. I think who I told you it was is really your dad so I think you should give him a call." She said and I just looked at Brooke.
"No, mom." She said
"What? What do you mean? Have all of your friends gotten to your head? This is your dad we're talking about."
" I mean no, mom.  No more games. No more ' maybe it's him' or 'I'm positive it's him'. Game over. We found my dad. DNA test and all. No one got to my head, mom, besides you. If anything they helped me find clarity and closure and myself and that's everything that you took away from me." She said. Our phones went off.
"You're not gonna just go..." her mom said
" yeah we are. It's work. Bye mom." She said and left and I followed.