one

O N E

 London was a city of sleeping dreamers

The great capital was full of people who came with ambition in their pocket, hope in their hearts, and bubbling creations in their mind, though they were soon drained by the dark skies that lingered above them that had the powder to ruin anything they passed over.

The only sense of sun that could be found was from the lights that flashed through the small square windows as they stood in the centre of the rooms young folk had scavenged up money to pay for as they attempted to survive in the lions den of life.

Rushing sounds of the busy city appeared in every inch of the air, sirens, screams, and horns echoed across the landscape, down the cobbled streets, through the hectic crowds and beeping cabs, though peace could be felt in this occupied room that was in view, a room with a singular window and a sense of desperation.

Ever blooming plants and picture frames graced the somewhat cracked white walls, candles flicking alongside the natural light of the breaking dawn of the morning.

The room wasn't anything spectacular, but it was a slice of something close to paradise compared to the outside world it sheltered the occupant from.

Cassie was very proud of this room, it was incredibly hard to find a nice apartment in London that had enough space for a comfortable bed, her and her roommate Ali had spent hours trying to get the mattress through the narrow doorway.

Dark brown hair scattered across the pillows, long days hit hard and even though she was still in her black work trousers the need to sleep meant that she didn't care that she should've probably got changed.

The momentary bliss of sleep was rudely interrupted by the sudden opening of her battered wooden door. Sitting up in shock her wandering and sleepy eyes landed on the hazy figure of Allison in her room, her blonde hair covering most of her face like a disheveled lion as she began to escape her rude entrance.

"Adam called! Big boss Lisa wants you in early." Allison shyly told her friend through gritted teeth, her face still capturing her pure beauty of sweet innocence even when she was causing trouble.

"Is she trying to make me quit?" Cass groaned, stretching her arms and back, before rubbing her head, it felt like she never got enough sleep to deal with her boss' desires.

She had become a sleeping dreamer, choosing to waste her time crashed on a bed and dreaming instead of walking hopelessly around the more realistic life she was living, swapping out the childhood stories of fantasies to the adult dream of success. 

"Lisa just loves you so much she can't bear to be away from you." Ali attempted to joke before leaving the defeated faced brunette to herself.

Cass sat there for a few minutes, trying to process the fact she was awake so early because if her memory was correct she hadn't been up this early since nearly a year ago when Allison almost burnt down the kitchen trying to make pancakes.

Ali was always awake at the crack of dawn, busy singing,reading, dancing or singing, she was always singing nevermind the time on the clock.

Shoving herself off the bed Cass attempted to get ready for the uncertainty-filled day before her. This kind of thing was Lisa's favourite thing to do, get her assistant Adam to call Cassie, even on her days off, and just ask her to come in under unknown circumstances and make her handle whole new clients or tasks for no reason.