thirteen

T H I R T E E N

Cass laid hopelessly across the sofa, her tv playing some random show in the background, though she couldn't focus

Her hectic mind was too busy racing with every moment she had spent with him, and every option she had, and how it would've ended.

"Fuck this." She groaned to herself being fed up with her own actions.

Cassie got off the sofa shoving on her shoes and jacket before making her way outisde, Ali had a late night rehearsal so Cass was left to her own devices of overthinking and being irrational.

She arrived at her destination, she didn't know why she went here but it was like a magnet was pulling at her to come.

Cass sat on the wooden bench but this time alone, it felt louder without him, somehow the loss of his laugh and the lack of his breathing made the world loud.

"Hey there stranger." A voice appeared behind her, interrupting her few minutes of somewhat tranquility.

"You stalking me now Gubler." She turned to watch him walk towards her, sitting down on the empty spot.

"You're the one in my spot." He lightly shoved her shoulder with a smile.

"Can't help it, it's beautiful." She laughed looking once again at the landscape around them

"It really is." He just gazed at her, taking in the way her face look in this light, the way her lips parted, the reflection of the moon in her eyes swimming with fascination and just her as a whole, the way she was made him feel so fantastical, like he was on cloud nine.

Matthew regretted wasting all that time those first few weeks pulling on her strings making her life more difficult, because now he had lost time with her which always made his life feel easier.

"How long you got." She questioned turning back to him breaking his trance.

"An hour." Matthew sighed

"And you choose to hang with you assistant." She chuckled shocked at his stupid actions.

"Ex assitant, my favorite assistant." He pointed out, correcting her for once.

"I did do a good job didn't I?" she smiled looking up at him

"Going to nominate you for the best assistant awards." He looked back nudging her.

They just sat there in silence one again, the most rich form of deja vu, attempting to relive the feeling of time before the end, the euphoria of the memory you hold in your head.

The sound of a buzz interrupted the sweet silence, Matthew look down at his phone realising it was time to go.

"Go." Cassie whispered to him, his eyes shiny from the night light.

Matthew reached into the side of his jacket as he stood up passing her a brown coloured envelope.

"Goodbye Cassie." Matthew told her sweetly, she stood up smiling at the letter, this was his way of keeping in touch

"Goodbye Matthew." She quietly laughed back before reaching up to give him a hug, she didn't want to let go, she wanted the feeling of his hair against her face, the smell of mahogany and sweet citrus, the sound of his voice with her forever.

They broke apart smiling at eachother once more before he made his way into the night.

Cass sat back down looking up to the sky, scanning across the stars looking for her target, Pisces and Taurus,

no matter how far away from each other they were down here, they lived together forever in the stars.

————

[AUTHORS NOTE]

guys I'm too soft for this

Cassie and Matty being the CEO's of not admitting their feelings 🙈

remember to vote, comment, and share!

- L