epilogue

E P I L O G U E

"Cass? There's a letter for you

"Cass? There's a letter for you." Adam entered Cassie's new office, brown letter in hand with a sweet smile.

"Thanks Adam." She smiled at him, looking up from her computer as he sat down on the chair in front of her.

"Is it from lover boy?" He wiggled his eyebrows passing her the small envelope.

"It's not in his handwriting." Cassie was just as puzzled as he did as she looked at the object of discussion.

"Do you me want to open it?" Adam asked, Cassie nodding her head before passing back the mysterious delivery.

"Cassandra Noble, you have been invited to the Los Angeles Premiere of Soleil, as the plus one of Matthew Gray Gubler!" Adam spoke out gleefully, a white piece of paper in hand.

"Are you being serious." Cassie sat shocked, taking back the letter.

"You're his date." Adam covered his mouth slightly jumping in his seat.

"I need to call this asshole." She gasped, secretly wanting to scream in joy but trying to play it cool.

Adam left the room as Cassie's phone called the boy in question.

"I hate you." She spoke with a smile still in shock.

"Nice to speak to you too Cassie." His voice traveled into the air, she loved being able to hear him again, it was the nearest thing to having him by her side.

"You know I can't come to this!" Cassie whispered yelled at him, placing down her phone putting it on speaker as she re-read the invite.

"Why not?" He called, his voice pitching.

"I have a job?" She returned bluntly, looking at the stack of ever growing files she had to do for work on the corner of her desk.

"Already spoke to Lisa, I have you for the whole weekend." Matthew spoke in a sing-song voice, proud at his own accomplishments.

"You're killing me Gubler." Cassie sighed falling back into her chair, picking up her phone resting in on her raised knees.

"I'll be by your side the whole time, and I'll fight anyone who is rude to you"

"What you wearing?" She asked him, giving in to his ways

"Whatever will look nice next to you." He returned with a laugh.