three

T H R E E

It was a horrendously long ride despite it taking the same time as the day previous, the negative mindset she has found herself in this early morning was making every second last just ever so long

Cass attempted to push it down, walking down the corridor and saying hello to the new people she had met, black heels clicking on the floor fingers constantly pulling down the black mini skirt that gripped her lower half that was probably a couple inches too short.

The food trailer was her desired destination, the heaven where all the free goodies she lived on were kept, picking up two coffees for Penelope and John and what to her felt like pure gasoline, also known as Matthews coffee order. Cass knocked on the trailer door before peering round with a grin holding out the drinks in the beige cardboard holder.

"Oh, I love you." John praised with an affectionate smile reaching out to get his and Penelope's drinks.

"Is that the devil liquid?" Penelope asked nodding her head to the last cup in the tray that looked like a cup of destruction.

"Pure hell in a cup." Cassie joked back to the pair before leaving abruptly, she threw the cardboard holder in the bin next to the trailer as she walked towards number four, Matthews, with his desired beverage in hand. She knocked on the door, his rich voice calling out to her to come in shortly after.

Pushing open the door she meekly smiled at him attempting to pass him the cup, but he was still reading his book, his big clear glasses resting on his structured nose, long fingers flicked through pages, his even longer legs laying across the sofa, not even looking up at the woman in front of him, not taking any notice of her actions or presence.

"Matthew?" The woman called out bluntly, any ounce of positivity that had been attempting to form had left her body the second she had entered his presence.

Breaking his gaze from the sepia pages he landed on to her face, he watched her for a second, her parted blush lips that looked perfect on her olive skin, almond-shaped brown eyes looking at him like a bull seeing red, short temper, he noted as he reached out for the drink. One of his many bad habits was evaluating people, rating their existence in his head and going of his perception of them.

"Thanks." a weak non genuine smile forming on his lips as his fingers grasped on the cup with somewhat hidden glee over its arrival. He had formed an addiction to the beverage ever so many years ago, finding it to be the only way to perk him ever so slightly up.

"You know you should probably not drink that daily, it will kill you." She turned away from him, walking over to his kitchen, replacing his old schedule with the new one as she lectured him on his unsafe practices, afraid that her suppling of the beverage would make her responsable for any ill event that may occur to him.