nine

N I N E

Cass raced around the kitchen placing snacks on the table before swapping them with different ones, and swapping them again, you could see anxiety beaming off her

"Is she always like this?" Leo asked Ali who was was playing games on her phone nonchalantly, they were all sat on the muted blue sofas in the girls living room all somewhat confused about what to do with themselves.

"Only when Eli and Sarah come around, her mind goes insane." Ali sighed placing down her phone, turning her blonde hair coloured head to him to explain, since he was becoming more nervous by the minute.

"I'm not insane! I just have an emotionless corporate lawyer mother and a tough man Arabic father." Cassie rushed in placing down more food, Matthew and Logan both crunching on the spiced nuts she had laid out.

"They're great, don't worry." Ali attempted to convince Leo, Shai silently laughing to herself.

"What do we need to know?" Logan called out to Cassie, who was trying to clean up her kitchen, she placed down her hand towel walking into the lounge collapsing on the empty armchair.

"Okay parent rundown!" Cassie clasped her hands together ready to explain her family to them all.

"Dr Eliyahu Ahmad Noble, neurosurgeon, lover of football, has a weird obsession with Conan Doyle, hates hates hates! TV and film." Cassie listed, her hands quickly moved as she spoke.

"How do you hate film?" Logan reacted shocked at her statement.

"I don't know! He had never watched them fully till he was eighteen!" Cassie laughed back at him

"He loves the muppets though." Matthew pointed out making Cassie smile, of course he remembered that.

"Very true." Ali laughed stuffing her face with nuts like a chipmunk.

"Amazing franchise." Shailene laughed along.

"Sarah Louise Noble, head corporate lawyer at a massive ass business, is a borderline sociopath, loves anything to do with law or crime, my dad too, they watch true crime telly all the time it's the only thing he likes to watch." She sighed thinking about her mum, she loved her but she was hard, really hard.

"That and Pointless." Ali chimed in, that show was played every night in the Noble house.

"Yes! My mum and dad literally are the king and queen of trivia. At age eight they used to make me read dozens of long ass history books a week so I could play advance trivial pursuit with them." She rambled to them all.