four

F O U R

"I'm home

"I'm home." Cass called into the house, shoving the front door shut.

"When do you want to order?" Allison's voice called from the lounge. The brunette wandered into the room, spotting Ali on the sofa.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel darling." Cass stood there looking glumly down at her friend who's voice changed from an excited smile to a puppy-eyed pout.

"What! I was going to rent 10 Things I Hate About You." The blonde cried pointing to the tv, the beautiful face of Heath Ledger also looking at her with disappointment.

"That makes this even more painful. Unfortunately though I've been invited out to dinner." She explained, leaning against the wall to help kick off her shoes.

"Lisa's taking you out?" The blonde questioned, resting her head on the back of the sofa cushion to talk to her.

"No actually. Logan, Shailene, Matthew and I are going out. An Italian somewhere in Bloomsbury." Cass told her with a grin, still surprised that this was actually happening.

"I want Italian now! You exited? I love going out in Bloomsbury." She asked, she was worried, Cass didn't go out unless it's for work or for time with Ali, otherwise, it's like she physically couldn't. She hated crowds which wasn't handy in London, she hated cramped restaurants, the tube, the bus, and streets, but no matter what she came to ever show the blonde ever did, even though it drained her emotionally and physically, she always came.

"Well I don't really think I'm super welcome, but I need to build a better relationship with them all, I can do one night." She sighed almost feeling the pressure of Lisa on her shoulders.

"Cass don't overthink it, and remember, I'm always one call away." Ali brushed off her comment, of course they wanted her there, she was the one who couldn't see that. That was Cassies big thing, she felt like no one wanted her any time or anywhere so she chose just to never give a chance for that opportunity to arise.

"I know, but I'm being serious this time, Matthew literally doesn't want me there." Cassie attempted to explain to her friend who saw she was actually speaking truth.

"Even more reason to go." Ali suggested with a cheeky smile falling back onto the sofa with a sigh, it's days like this she wished they could get a cat to keep her company when it was just her, but their landlord will kill them.

Cassie shook her head walking down the hallway into her room before opening up her wardrobe, dainty hands skimmed across the hangings, quickly landing on a dress, if she was stepping out of her comfort zone going to this dinner she might as well try and go out a little further.  It was a rich navy, form-fitting but casual, it's sleeves were chiffon and were bouncing off in rose petal like layers
of fabric.