Chapter 4: The Marriage Talk

Next Day:

Zaroon was Sitting on couch in living room where her mother Aabiya came and handled him his coffee mug to which he gave her a smile.After giving him Coffee she sat down beside him and he looked at her.

"Zaroon,I wantef to ask you something!"she said.

"Yes ammi."he replied typing something on laptop.

"Beta what do you think about Afiya?"she asked.

"Umm she is my cousin and she is a nice girl."he replied sipping his coffee and not getting idea what his mother's words meant.

"That even i know,i am thinking of asking her hand in marriage for you."she said looking at him.

Hearing her words his neck suddenly turned towards her with shock.

"Ammi i have always seen her as my little sister."he said looking at her shock clearly visible on his face.

"But beta you were staring at her in Ibrahim's wedding so I thought..."she said.

He took a deep breath and closed his laptop,he turned fully towards her.

"Ammi i was not staring at her i was watching the girl standing with her"he said in small voice.

"So do you want.."she was interrupted before completing her sentence.

"Ammi she was looking worried so i was just watching her that may be I could help her in some way. Nothing else."he said half lying.

"Okay!"her mother said getting up.

His mouth left a sigh watching her mother's retreating back.
~*~

In Morning:

"Mamma i have got message from the college that students have to go and collect their internship related information, so i will be leaving after breakfast."zehra said sitting on breakfast table where everyone was present.

"From when your internship is starting?"her father asked while sipping his tea.

"I don't know papa i will get to know about it today only."she replied.

"Okay your car has came from service but drive carefully."her dada said.

"Dada I always drive slowly and carefully."she said smiling sweetly at him.

"But you should say someone else to drive slowly and carefully for sure."she mumbled slowly eyeing his brother.

Who unfortunately heard it and started chocking his food.

She left a chuckle seeing his red face from all the coughing.

Ignoring his glares she told her mother.

"And mamma i will be going to afi's house in return because she forgot to take her watch from me in Ibrahim bhai's wedding."she said eating her food.