Chapter 5: Proposals?

Zubaida(Zehra's mother) was sitting on the bed lost in her thoughts when door creaked open and Farukh(Zehra's father) entered in the room watching her wife lost in other world he came and taped on her shoulder and gave her questioning look. In return she released a sigh and told him.

"Sadiya has called me today."she said.

"Hmm,so?" He asked.

"Her sister is interested in Zehra for his son Named Zaroon."she said.

"Yeah,Many people are interested in Zehra for their son's."he replied nonchalantly.

"The thing is that i think if her life partner would be from the same profession it would be easy for her,he would easily understand her and will support her in her career also."she told him about her thoughts.

"But how do you know that she will be happy only when her life partner is doctor,it is not necessary that if she is doctor her husband should be from same field."he tried to reason her.

"But a normal person would not be able to understand her hard work behind her degree,a person would only value the things which he gets after difficulty and if he would be doctor he would knew how much hard work and sacrifices this field need!!" She explained.

"What do you want to say?" He asked getting confused.

"I want a doctor husband for Zehra I won't be settle for any less!"she said with finality in her voice.

~*~

Few Months later:-

Afiya entered in big living hall decorated with plush sofas in the middle and a big round coffee table placed in middle of the sofas.

She greeted loudly so Zubaida came out from the kitchen wiping her hands and smiled genuinely seeing afiya.

"Bahut dino ke baad dikh rahi ho Afiya."She said.( I am seeing you after a long time)

"Ji Auntie ye internship ne bahut pareshan kar rakha tha ab ja kar kuch sukoon mila he!"she replied sighing heavily.(Yes Auntie internship has troubled me much now i have got some peace)

"Auntie Zehra kaha hai?"she asked looking around.(Where is zehra?)

"Wo abhi Hospital se aayi he kamre me hai,tum jaao tab tak me Chaai aur snacks bhejti hu."she said.(she has just came from hospital and went to her room,go there i will send some tea and snacks)

She entered in her room and looked at her who was looking so peaceful sitting on prayer mat with eyes closed and mumbling something under her breath, oh how she wished to call her BHABHI when her mother has told her about the Zaroon's proposal for Zehra,how excited she was but Alas!

She was brought out from her thinking when Zehra blew air on her palms and spread it across her face.

"As salamu alaikum ,how come you remember address of my house?"she asked sarcastically while folding prayer mat.

"Walaikum as salam, i asked it from ammi so she guided me to your house." She wasn't the one to back up.

"Now seriously tell me how are you? And where are you these days?"Zehra asked eyeing her.