Chapter 13 : Engagement!!

It was a night and Zaroon was returning home after a hectic day at work. He had got a new international project and he was trying his best on this project with his few trusted and talented employees.

It was a calm and serene night, the sky was painted in a dark black colour. Blame the late February as the wind was not chilly nor hot. And as usual, people were rushing back to the places they desired to reach. Mostly people were wandering just like that and enjoying their night walk. But continuous work stress was the reason that Zaroon wasn't able to enjoy the weather.

He just wanted to reach his home and have his coffee to fight with this headache. He drove towards his home and in the stress of work he forgot that he was anxious in the morning due to some reason.

After all, what would you have expected from a workaholic like him? He crossed the familiar iron gates of his house and parked his car. He entered his house and smiled tiredly at his mother who in return smiled brightly at him. Zaroon forgot that he was having a headache before, his mother smile worked like a painkiller on his headache.

He entered his house after saying his salam. And slumped on the black leather couch. Her mother gave him water and coffee after some time. After taking one sip of his dark black rich coffee he felt rejuvenated and sat straighter. His mother was still looking at him with a bright look on her face.

He felt a wave of  De ja vu. He smiled at his mother.

"Bataiye!(Tell me)" He said to his mother who was looking like a child who was controlling his excitement after seeing ice cream.

"Zehra's mom has called and they said yes!!" she squealed like a child and hugged him.

He chuckled at her reaction and embraced his mother mumbling gratitude to his creator.
After breaking a hug.

"I have fixed your engagement this weekend which means after three days and there is lots of work to do. Now get up and start preparing for your engagement." She said while pushing him to get up from the couch.

"Okay, okay I am going but at least let me tell you something." He said while shaking his head but having a smile on his face.

"Ammi, when you go to her house talk about wedding dates also, I don't want much delay in it. 2 months are more than enough." He said lost in some thoughts and his mother smiled at him mischievously but nodded at him.

"Okay, I will. Ab jao bahut kaam baaki hai. (Now go, many works are pending)" she said while pushing him towards the staircase, he huffed and tried to handle his mug but smiled afterwards.

~*~

It was finally the day of engagement. Zehra was getting ready in Light pink colour Garara. And her black traces were fully open in beach waves style. It was parted from the middle and Mangtika was set proudly on her forehead. Long pearl earrings were dangling in her ears. Both hands were stained with dark-coloured beautiful and delicate henna and her wrists were adorned with pearl-encrusted gold bangles in her right hand and her left hand had her favourite Silver coloured Rado watch. She was looking beautiful with minimal makeup and light pink lipstick with a shiny gloss.

 She was looking beautiful with minimal makeup and light pink lipstick with a shiny gloss