Chapter 7 : One Step Closer (part 1)

He came downstairs and sat at the dining table after greeting his parents. His stance as usual radiated an aura of confidence and power opposite to his behaviour which is soft and gentle. His personality and features as always sharp which can make the person's breath hitched for a moment. He was always a soft-hearted person but people always misjudged him as arrogant and egoistic due to his introverted traits and lack of social behaviour.

He took a mug of coffee from his mother and smiled at her in gratitude. After taking a sip from his rich black coffee, he put his mug back on the table and cleared his throat to gain the attention of the two most important people of his life.

They looked towards him in a questioning way, he passed a small smile in their way and started his talk for which he was anxious about from last night.

"I like one girl and I want to marry her!" He said in a confident voice that was concealing his restlessness.

Her Mother was first shocked by his statement and then after processing his words several times in her mind, she looked towards her husband who was giving her a soft smile and gave her a small nod to continue the conversation.

"When? How? I mean who is the girl? You are not in a relationship with her right?" she asked in one breath.

After hearing her mother's questions, a small chuckle left his mouth and he shook his head a little in disbelief and looked in her direction who was looking at him with amused expressions as to why is he behaving this way?

He started replying to her questions one by one.
"I don't know when but when I see her I feel happy and it is also said in Islam that you should marry a girl who could make you happy," he replied stretching his lips a little upwards.

"And the answer to your other questions are she is Afiya's Friend, her name is Zehra and no I am not in a relationship with her." he finished his sentence and picked up his mug once again.

"Zehra" she repeated her name as in remembering something, but how could she say to her only son who has expressed his wish to marry a girl. Her son who has not even lifted his gaze for any girl is talking about a girl whom he likes and wishes to marry but unknown to fact that his mother has already sent his proposal once for her for the same reason. But his son has asked first time something from her that too a wish to get married to a girl he likes. She didn't have the heart to break his bubble of happiness. So she just slowly nodded her head in agreement.

"Ammi what happened don't you like her? Or are you unhappy with my decision?" he asked watching her mother's face which was blank from any emotion.

"No. No. Nothing like that I am just shocked that my Shy Zaroon is talking about a girl for marriage!!" she replied masking her confusions and thoughts.

He tried to bit down a smile that was ready to break down on his face but a small smile escaped from his lips and he lowered his eyes not knowing how to reply to his mother's statement.

Watching him getting shy she smiled in his direction, who was looking at the dining table as if it was the most amazing thing to stare at.

"Ya Allah gives my son his happiness and fulfil his wish and keep him always under your blessings." she prayed in her heart.