Chapter 16 : Convocation ceremony!

Finally, the day has come for which Zehra was preparing for the last few years of her life and she was nervous would be an understatement, she was shaking due to nervousness.

She was sitting in front raw you can say courtesy of being a topper, and her family members were sitting where the family's sitting arrangement was done.

She was wearing peach colour long knee-length Kurti with white cigarette pants and peach and white-coloured hijab. She has matched it with white-coloured platform heels sandals. She was wearing a black coat and her degree cap with her favourite pink-coloured Michael kors watch.

Currently, she was waiting for her name to be called out, it will take time as she will be called last as being a topper

Currently, she was waiting for her name to be called out, it will take time as she will be called last as being a topper. Being a topper has some cons also.

Names were being called in front of her on stage with that her heart picking up more pace and thudding into her rib cage could have been heard if the loudspeaker wouldn't be there. Her hands were being sweaty, and the fiddling of fingers can be taken as a sign of being nervous.

And then the names started with 3rd ranker, minutes after 2nd ranker and she closed her eyes.

"I am really proud and happy to call on the stage Dr Zehra Farukh Shaikh First ranker, who had only topped in college but her university as well. Please come on the stage Dr Zehra Farukh Shaikh." Host announced.

She opened her eyes, straightened her posture and took confident steps towards the stage, hooting of the crowd behind her was the only noise to be heard except the thudding of her heart to her.

She reached on stage and shook her hand with her principal who made her wear a medal, passed her trophy and her degree. Her eyes filled with tears watching the degree in her hands. She wanted to cry out loud for her achievement but she couldn't do it right now. She looked straight where her family was sitting and as expected they were still standing and clapping for her.

She looked at her father and he had tears in his eyes whereas her mother was crying silently looking at her. Her father side hugged her mother to calm her down. Her father looked at her and she gave a little nod with a bright smile.

"Zehra would you like to say something about your big achievement?" The host asked her.

she nodded her head and walked towards the mic.
She took a deep breath and looked at her parents.

"First of all Alhamdulillah, I would like to thank almighty Allah, I would like to give my credit to my parents. Because wherever I am today is because of them. Mama, papa this is yours" she said while raising her degree.

"And I am very thankful to you guys that you have trusted me and motivated me, and I would like to thank my family members and friends who were a constant support system for me. Thank you to my teachers and professors who taught me all these years. Who have taught me academic as well as life lessons. Thank you all." She said and left the stage.