Chapter 8 : One Step Closer (part 2)

It was a fine Sunday morning and all the shaikh's were present at the dining table for their breakfast except Zehra as this is the only day when she gets to complete her beauty sleep and she do not compromise it at any cost.

When everyone was sitting and having breakfast with their little chitchat here and there, Zubaida nudged her husband to talk about the thing they have discussed earlier.

He cleared his throat which gained everyone's attention on the table.

"Abbu, I wanted to talk to you all in a matter of Zehra's marriage." he started smoothly.
(Father)

After getting a nod from everyone he continued.

"Abbu Hamid's wife, Sadiya has brought a proposal of her nephew for Zehra but at that time we have denied thinking that may be Zehra need a partner from the same field or Profession." he was about to continue his talk when he was interfered by his father.

"Did you ask Zehra about that?" he asked.

"We have asked Zehra about the marriage topic but we haven't told her about this proposal!" he cleared.

"Farukh I know that whatever you will do would be for her betterment only but this is her life and it should be her decision to take whether she wants a life partner from the same field or not?" He gently told them but indicating their fault.

"But abbu we thought that it would be better that way only he would understand her!" her mother put her point of view.

"As I said earlier I know you both want betterment of your daughter but it is her life and I know she has given you all rights to choose a partner for her because she trusts you with her life decisions but we also must tell her about proposals then it should be her decision whether she wants it or not! And I am disappointed in you both as you haven't even informed her about the proposal and denied it on your own!" he said voice confident as ever.

This is the life of her granddaughter who is so dear to him and life decisions of her life taken like this does not settle well with him.

"Abbu, we didn't mean like that.." farukh said as he didn't want it to go like that.

"It's okay, abbu is just upset over the fact that you didn't inform her and I agree with him. You should have told her!" Faiez (his elder brother) said.

"But it's okay, mistakes are meant to happen and you have no experience in this kind of things so I let it go this time." his father said.

"Yes, abbu we will keep that in mind," Farukh said.

"So yeah what were you talking about?" Faiez asked.

"Yeah, so I was telling you that we have denied that proposal at that time but I met this boy at Hamid's house this Saturday and I liked him, so we were confused about what to do about this now?" He said as to ask that now what should be done.

"Chachu who is that boy?" Shaan finally asked as here they are talking about his sister and it will not be easy for him at all to let go of his sister.
(Uncle)