IF WE NEVER MET (JESSIE IMAGINE)

Because it took so long here is a 6500+ word update. Make sure y'all run up my comments.

Jessica Reyez Imagine

"I wouldn't even know what love isIf we never met"

If we never met"

-------

"Are you supposed to be playing that?" Jessie 7-year-old self innocently asks.

You shrug not bothering to look up at the voice, continuing to strum the guitar with practiced ease.

Jessie's lip juts out in a pout at the guitar getting more of your attention than her.

She was an outgoing child. And wanted to be friends with everyone, and for the most part, she was, but it was always incredibly difficult to talk to you.

Other than music class on Friday the both of you only shared recess together which you spent quietly making chalk art. Not wanting to be bothered while you made to good of art, for a 7-year-old, that would inevitably get washed away.

Music class was much of the same. Except it was instruments. You switched back in forward from the guitar and the piano but it was obvious you favorited the guitar. It was your number one go-to.

The piano was forced onto you, while the guitar is something you picked up on your own.

Her pout fades when she recognizes the song you're playing. "Hey, my dad plays that song."

You hum 'mmm' in response your focus still purely on the guitar.

Jessie eyebrows furrow. "Do you know the name of it?"

"Three little birds." You mumble now getting bothered by how she wouldn't go away.

"Can you teach me how to play?" Jessie gives you a bright smile as she sits right next to you.

Your eyebrows furrow at her being in your bubble but you don't mind it as much as when other kids were in it so you don't say anything.

Your fingers stop and you look at the curly-headed brunette girl. 

"Umm, I guess."

You hand her the small guitar.

Her bright smile making a small one appear on your lips too.

"I'm Jessica but my friends call me Jessie." She says giddily.

You give her a nod. "I'm Y/n."

She looks at you weirdly for your short introduction before smiling again. "Okay Y/n how do I play?" Her cheerfulness back like it never left.

"Okay, first rest it on your leg and put your hands.."