MAKE UP YOUR MIND III

Kehlani Parrish Imagine

"The way they leavetells you everything"

"The way they leave
tells you everything"

-------

Torn between crying for help
And not letting them see me sweat

The truth-filled words left Kehlani's lips with a painful burn.

When you gave your all to someone and they give you 50 every time, it fucking hurts. When you let that fucked up situation mess up so many relationships, one being the relationship with your daughter's other mother, it fucking hurts.

Who could she really call on right now? She let Kennon push them all away.

Didn't matter the zeros in her bank account because she felt as lonely as she did when she had nothing.

Imagine that.

You work so hard to get away from that rock bottom you reached years ago just to end up right back. Like a twisted trap, you can't escape.

Kehlani pushed on, singing the next lines.

But it's certain shit I can't forget
I won't get over it easy...

Kehlani's fingernails went into her palms remembering her and Kennon's last encounter.

-

Booming knocks echoed throughout the large house.

"What the actual hell," Kehlani mumbled. She looked down at her phone, that she was on, to see Kennon at the front door.

Her whole face scrunched up.

"What the fuck was that?" Her little sister's voice fairly concerned.

Kehlani bit her lip, knowing her sister would be over in a millisecond if she knew who was at her door banging on it like they were 12.

Keh cleared her throat. "It was just the goddamn UPS. This is what I get for not ordering through Amazon." A sly smile on the singer's lips from the smooth lie.

"Mmm," Lexi hummed. "Well, you better go get that for they knock yo shit out the frame. And you already know that package gone look like it went thru slavery. Beaten an-"

The black curls on Kehlani's head shook. "Get off my phone, Alexis."

If there was one person that Kehlani could count on to always make her smile it was her little sister.

"You ain't have to cut me off." Her huff of annoyance emphasized. "Bye hoe, love you."

"Bye lil punk, love you" The faint smile on the singer's face gone after another loud knock was heard through her house.