Chapter Thirteen

"Excuse me?", I answer.
"Well this morning I found out what happened and I wouldn't expect Dan to react so casually since he's so overprotective over you."
"Zoe, I really have no idea what you're talking about."
"Um, well basically they were outside and Joe started talking shit about you."
"I know, he said I got boring."
"I mean, that wasn't it. He said that he is better for you and Dan will never be good enough for you. And then he began talking in quite... disrespectful manner. And then Dan got quite mad, I guess. Drunk Joe pushed him down and left him there outside."
My jaw dropped: " I thought they just had a little fight. Why the fuck did Dan lie to me about it. I'm sure he remembers that and not just that they 'had a little argument'. "
She shrugs: " I really don't know, I'm sorry. "
"And Joe told you all of that?"
"Um, not really. He told Alfie."
"Wait. And he told you?"
"Um, yea."

DAN'S P.O.V:

"Or we could actually cook something.", I say as Phil and I talk about dinner already while having lunch before another meeting.
"Sounds challenging.", he laughs before continuing, "Also what I wanted to ask, how do you feel now that Zoe knows?"
"Quite glad actually. It's literally the only topic we talk about nowadays so it's nice that we both have someone else to talk to."
He smiles: "Good, good. Something else though?"
"Hm?", I take a bite of my pasta.
"What the hell happened to your face?"
After almost choking on my food, I answer: "It's a long story."
He looks at me with a questioning look.
"Okay...", I sigh and start, "Joe and I had a bit of a fight."
Phil rolls his eyes: "No way. Why?"
"He started talking so much shit about Y/N and it made me so mad like he started to be so disrespectful. I tried to make him stop and it kind of went out of hand."
"Damn, what the hell. Dan he's honestly so toxic you shouldn't fall for his trap of being nice all the time."
"You're right. But he's Zoe's brother after all and she is Y/N's best friend. It will take a lot to never see him again. Plus we literally work in the same industry."
All Phil can do is sigh: "Talk to Zoe about it. Maybe she can get through to him."
"I don't even want to make a big deal out of it and stress Y/N even more. I just feel so guilty sometimes, you know?"
"I get you.", he takes a bite.
"I think I'll just try to not have any contact to him and if we have to I'll just say as it is."
"That's probably the best thing to do. Just be honest with him that's all you can do."
"By the way, I haven't even told Y/N what really happened with Joe, I downplayed it a lot."

Speaking of her I get a text right as Phil is about to reply and probably scold me.

Y/N: When are you coming home? We need to talk.