Chapter Twenty

"Dan.", I shake him awake.
"Hm?", he looks uo at me, "Not tired enough?"
I roll my eyes: "Look."
He reads the comment and sighs: "Shit."
"She's the one you took the picture with."
"I recognize her. But we took it at the café so she really doesn't have anything to hold against us. Especially because not only the gynecologist but a huge shopping center is there."
"I guess so.", I cuddle up next to him, "I'm worried."
"About what?"
"Like how will I work during the pregnancy? I can't even write a blig post without the comments being spammed with assumptions. You are way better of just ignoring that stuff and doing your thing. I can't just delete my social media because it's part of my job."
"You worry too much. You know you can take a break for now, right? I can easily support both of us and a newborn, don't worry about any of that."
"I know, but I want to keep working. It's so much fun to me. But I hate social media but I also know that Fleur insists on me keeping it because it so essential for promo."
Suddenly, I have a realization: "Oh god. Promo. The documentary. I'll be around six months then. How am I supposed to come to the premiere? If I don't, it will be obvious what's going on and if I do, it will obviously be as well."
"Babe. Babe. Relax. Please just chill out for a second. Firstly, how about you just call Fleur tomorrow and talk to her about everything, okay? I'm sure she'll understand. And secondly, you don't have to come to the premier. I don't care what anyone else will think. You don't have to be my plus one. But if you want to, and this is just a dumb idea, we can announce the pregnancy there?"
"What?"
"Like, what if you just come with?"
"Full on big belly pregnant?"
He laughs: "Then we don't have to announce any thing online. You know we eventually have to or everyone will start assuming even more. So why not make a huge deal out of it?"
I think for a second: "You're right, I guess. But can i think about it for a bit?"
He gives me a kiss: "Of course, love. Now get some rest, you're going crazy."

The next morning, I call Fleur: "Hey darling. How are you?", she answers.
"Good, good. You? Um- I have some things I want to talk to you about."

During the call Fleur and I talk about future projects and I tell her about my hate for social media. Without going into too much detail, she understands and is willing to help me through my problems. Since she'll be at the wedding, she'll find out about the details pretty soon.

I also express a new idea to her, which if you don't know the circumstances, might be a little random. But ever since Zoe and I were at the little boutique, I had the idea to design a maternity line that is inclusive for a sizes, sustainable and comfortable. Of course Fleur loved the idea even though she doesn't know that in the back of my mind I was already thinking about the outfit I could wear at the premier.