Chapter Twenty-Four

"Kind of crazy that we are here.", I say and sip on my tea.
"I agree. City of love.", Dan smiles and grabs my hand before kissing it.

We arrived in Paris late last night and are just sitting on the balcony this morning, reminiscing about our wedding and especially the reaction to my pregnancy.

"We would like to have a toast to you, so everyone raise your glasses.", he looked at me, "Love, raise your non alcohol champagne. Cheers.", Dan jokingly clinked glasses with my tummy. When the realization hit, everyone started cheering and came up to us, congratulation us on the news.

Looking back at it, I couldn't have wished for a better opportunity to announce the pregnancy. It just fit right into our night and seemed perfect.

Paris is also the perfect choice for a honeymoon. Fleur gave us a notebook full of ideas on what to do here and gifted us with a romantic boat tour and dinner.

And even though there is so much to see, Dan and I just enjoyed each other's company to the fullest and mostly strolled around the city together.

We also talked a lot about the future together and as a family.
"Babe, I've been thinking and...", Dan begins one night, "um- we should maybe start looking at houses."
"What houses?"
"To move into?"
"Huh?"
He sighs: "For the first few months it'll be fine but you know we'll have to move out eventually."
Now I sigh: "I know, I really don't want to though. I love it at home."
Dan smiles: "I love it too. And I love living with Phil. He's part of the family."
"Oh yes, no doubt Phil will stay with us."
"I just love you. I can't stop saying it."
I smile and kiss him: "I love you too. And I get it, the place is falling apart plus we've already outgrown it."
"Definitely, we need a lot more rooms. Around four bedrooms, filming room and an office?"
"Four bedrooms?"
"I mean, another baby eventually."
I raise my eyebrows: "Or just a guest room for now."
"Or that."
"But definitely outside of London, right?"
"Oh yes please. I'd love to have some peace and quiet from time to time, we'll be there enough for work. I'll keep my studio anyway plus you guys are there a lot."
"I'm glad we are on the same page.", he grins, "I'm kind of excited now. Should I FaceTime Phil and start looking?"
"Yes!"

So we are sat here, talking to Phil and scrolling around to look for a new and maybe forever home in the city of love, with my love.