Chapter Sixteen

"Dan? Danny. Dan. Babe?", I gently shake him and try to wake him up.
"What happened?", he asks and rubs his eyes.
I give him my phone: "I'm confused?"
"Zoe and I went there together."
"Oh shit. But no one saw you?"
"I guess not."
"Then don't worry about it. And even if so, you aren't showing whatsoever so an excuse will be easy to find."
I sigh: "You're right but poor Zoe will have to probably explain herself."
Dan gets closer to me and hugs me with his warm body: "Maybe. But you have to stop worrying about everyone else and take care of yourself."
I cuddle up to him: "I'll text Zoe though. They wouldn't have gotten the picture if it wasn't for me."
He sighs and kisses my shoulder before drifting back to sleep.

Y/N: Oh my gosh Zoe. I'm so sorry.
Zoe: It's not your fault! I'll just tweet something and it'll be fine. Especially after I say that I am single lol.

Shortly after a Tweet from Zoe pops up:

"Sorry to disappoint but I am neither pregnant nor taken. Have a good night x"

I laugh at some of the responses before finally falling asleep.

At 9 am I wake up from the smell of pancakes and immediately get up out of my bed and go to the kitchen.

"Morning love. What are you doing?", I sing as I go up to Dan, who is standing at the stove.
"Good morning.", he says and gives me a quick kiss, "Just making some pancakes fou you to make up for yesterday."
"Awe, you really don't have to. But I can't deny, you do look cute in that apron.", I laugh.
He puts the pan down and pulls me closer to him, grinning: "Not too bad yourself."
I smile and look up his face, wiping away some flour.
Dan slowly puts my hair behind my ear: "I just love you."
"Why are you being so cute today.", I laugh.
"Don't know, we haven't really had a lot of time together recently."
I sigh: "I know... You know when you have some more time off?"
"Probably around our wedding. Are we going on a honeymoon?"
"Don't know.", I laugh. We both aren't too keen on going on some fancy honeymoon in a resort.
"Maybe just a couple of days somewhere in Europe?", he asks.
"Sounds great. I just want to be alone with just you.", I answer and give him a kiss on the cheek before we continue to make breakfast and chat some more about our future plans.

"How are you feeling today?", he asks while we are eating.
"Good, had some great sleep. You?"
"Me too, it was definitely needed.", he smirks, "Did you hear something new from Zoe?"
"Fuck, didn't even look at my phone today.", I get up and go to my room.

On my way back to the lounge I check some messages, the ones from Zoe all being really calm and collected. Seems like everything with the article is settled.

I exhale in relieve when I am at the door: "Looks like everything is totally fi-", I begin but get cut off by the sight of a new follower on Instagram.

By their username, to be exact.