Chapter Nineteen

"Don't worry about that. You know they aren't too familiar with the internet and know how rumors work, they'll wait for us to say something.", he says.
"You're right. But when will we tell them?"
"I'd love for them to find out at the same time. They live each other.", he laughs.

Our families met right after our engagement, when my family came to visit. We all drove up to Dan's and had the most incredible time up there with everyone. They got along so well and it seems as that they've known each other for years.

"Me too. But the next time they'll all me together is at the wedding."
He sighs: "True. But I want to tell them in person and not via FaceTime."
"Me too.", I think for a second, "What if we just announce it at the wedding?"
"What do you mean by that?"
"Like what if we tell everyone there at the same time. It's such a small wedding and all of the people there will be people we want to know anyway?"
"Wait... That's actually quite a good idea. Only people we one hundred percent trust will be there, so what's the harm?"
I smile at Dan: "I'm excited for their reaction."
He grins back at me and pulls me close: "Me too, I think everyone will be happy."

The rest of the day he spend just like the first half, in bed. I doze off again but this time don't wake up because Dan is shouting but rather by him gently kissing me awake: "Love, I have something for you."
"Hm?", I ask and slowly open my eyes to see Dan smiling from ear to ear. He takes my hand and guides me to the lounge. Opening the door, I see the table set up beautifully, with candles lit and dinner sitting there: "Wait. What is this?", I ask and turn to him.
Dan takes both of my hands and kisses one of them: "You've had so much stress these last couple of days. I thought it would be nice to have a date night without having to actually go out."
"You are so cute, I don't deserve you."
He takes me face into his hands and gives me a long kiss: "Especially since we are home alone... I thought we could have some time to ourselves tonight without having to... bother Phil."
I laugh: "I'd love to do whatever you have in mind. But let's eat before our food gets cold.", I say and kiss him. But instead of it being a cute quick kiss, Dan pulls me closer to him and begins to kiss down my neck. Looking at me, he bites his lip and grins.
"Okay I guess the food can wait a bit.", I laugh.

Later that night after we have eaten, both of us are finally laying in bed and are ready to have a peaceful night.
"How are you feeling?", he asks me randomly.
"Good. I feel okay. Just tired you know?"
"Understandable.", he grins and slowly gets on top of me to give me a kiss after I jokingly punch him: "How tired though?"
"What do you mean?"
He gives me another kiss: "How tired though?"
"Woa- Someone's horny today.", I laugh and push him off.
He falls down next to me and laughs as well: "I just can't help it around you."
"Stop. Don't make me blush."
Dan smiles and cuddles up next to me: "Good night. I love you."
"I love you too."

He falls asleep pretty quickly but I stay awake to check my phone since I was... busy before. No new messages from Joe, just some from Zoe, apologizing for her brother. I sigh and can't help but check out the site again. Luckily Dan is sleeping, he wouldn't have let me do it if he were awake. No new post, but definitely a lot more comments.

"Why is she acting like a huge celebrity hiding this? Does she think she's Kylie Jenner? Lmao."

"Literally, what is going on? Is DAN going to be a Dad? Can't imagine, wtf."

"They aren't even engaged but she's pregnant from her boyfriend of maybe a year. This shit is not going to last, he'll leave her."

I roll my eyes and scroll further down until one comment catches my eyes:

"WTF I SAW THEM AT THE GYNECOLOGIST RECENTLY!!"