☆:8 - Siblings and Cousins:☆

Sunday, August 22nd, 2021

Surprisingly, the sound that could be heard in the living room today was not made by the members of the stuffed animal cult.

It was that of Cate and Levi arguing.

As the other members of the stuffed animal cult stood around the siblings, watching their argument, Amber, Candy, and Sydney stood in the kitchen, observing the group from afar.

"That sure doesn't happen a lot, does it?" Sydney asked the other two.

Candy shrugged casually. "I mean, they're siblings, of course they have their arguments. What do you expect?"

"To be honest, Cate and Levi never struck me as the kind of siblings to argue much, despite having different personalities." Amber piped up.

"I'll have to agree." Candy added. "I guess arguments are just what you're used to when you're the middle child in a large group of siblings."

"Really?" asked Sydney. "How many siblings do you have?"

"Oh, just six of them." said Candy, speaking casually.

Sydney's eyes widened in shock. "Six siblings? No wonder you seem to be able to put up with so much crap."

Candy paused before answering, "Yeah, that."

"Let's go see what's going on." suggested Amber.

As the three girls made their way towards the group in the living room, they could now hear Levi and Cate's argument clearly.

"If you and your so-called cult could stop being loud for one second-" Levi started.

Cate rolled her eyes. "Oh please, we can be quiet if we want to."

"Just this morning I got woken up by you six blasting the 'Coffin Dance' song!" Levi retorted. "Cate, c'mon, I know that you're a full-time party animal, but can you please chill?"

"I'm not being too loud!" Cate argued back. "I'm being social, something you should try. We literally live in a dorm with thirteen people, for goodness sake!"

"You're my younger sister, so stop acting like the elder sibling and trying to get me to socialise!" said Levi.

"Well, you're adopted!" Cate said.

Sebastian laughed. "Big ouch, man."

Candy whispered to Amber, "That one got thrown around a lot back at home."

To everyone's surprise, Levi simply responded with, "That's true, but what's your point."

At that moment, nobody knew what to say.

"Wait, so you're not actually siblings?" Penni asked in shock.

"Biologically, no." Cate replied. "But Levi's still my brother, isn't that right, Levi?" She wrapped her arms around her brother, trying to squash him in a hug.

"You're acting like we didn't just have a legitimate argument a few moments ago." Levi told her.

Cate chuckled. "Let's let bygones be bygones, shall we? Forget about that argument."

Delilah appeared in the hallway, with Vincent, who finally had the decency to wake up before noon, standing behind her.

"Aw, look at this wholesome sibling moment." said Delilah. She turned to Vincent. "How come our family isn't like that?"

"That's because cousins are more annoying than siblings." Vincent replied, earning him a hard nudge in the arm from Delilah.

Cate let go of Levi. "I personally think that cousins are merely tolerable. Siblings are more annoying."