Chapter 7 x Wish You Weren't Lying ((ANGST))

(((Trigger Warning: S*icidal Thoughts, C*tting, St*b Mentions, ETC))

7:00am | Health Room | Shuichi POV

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine!" Monokuma called out for the morning announcement. 

I woke with a jolt, but found i couldn't move my arms. I tried to open my eyes but everything hurt.

The memories from last night flooded back.

I looked around, I was lying in a bed in the health room, i kicked off the sheets. My leg was wrapped up in bandages and i was wearing my hoodie. Thats when I saw something from the corner of my eye. It was Kokichi. He was sitting at the end of my bed. I dont think he noticed I was awake yet. He looked over at me, sorrowfully.

"Saihara-chan" He paused, choosing his words carefully, "Is that why you left so soon yesterday?"

I didnt answer. 

He looked me in the eyes.

"y-yes"

"why?"

"i do-dont know." Tears started falling from my eyes again, I cried and cried and cried. He put his arms around me as I kept sobbing. 

"I ha-have to save everyone. B-but i cant. Rantaro, Kaede, Ryoma and Kirumi already d-died, I c-cant" I whispered, my voice breaking. 

"Its not your job to save everyone" He said, "But if you die, there wont be anyone to keep us going" He smiled.

I thought for a second, then slapped him. Hard. It left a red mark on his cheek. 

"Stop it" 

He cocked his head confused as he put a hand over the mark.

"Stop lying, you know what you're doing" I mumbled and looked down at the blanket.

"Fine" He said calmly, "I'll say the truth and only the truth" He let out a low sigh.

"Its not your responsibility to save everyone, just because you're the protag. So stop acting like it is. People will do anything to survive. Even if it means killing people. There's nothing you can do to stop it if you want to stay alive. But basing on the events of yesterday... you dont. So stop acting and if you really care. Do something." He spoke with a twinge of anger,

"There. Are you pleased?" He asked.

I stayed still. I didn't move. 

"Why are y-you mad at me" I mumbled quietly.

"Im not" He said bluntly, "I just wish- I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better"

"There's no-not" I muttered. He hugged me again,

"I care about you. If you died i'd be devastated. I'm so glad you're alive."

"I-im not" I mumble, tears began falling from my eyes again, "What am I even saying, i cant do this. I can't protect us"

He hugged me tighter, "We'll make it out together" He whispered in my ear, "I promise" 

I smiled, "I know we will"

((Authors Note Word Count: 480))