Chapter 8 x Murder

9:00 am - Health Room - No POV

Shuichi yawned, he was already half-awake because Kokichi had been giving him the medicine he needed to take after suffering from the lock-jaw and arm paralyzation.  Kaito had marched into the health room, checking if Shuichi was alright and, like always, ignoring Kokichi. Well unless he talked directly to him. That barely ever happened though.

"Are you sure you're okay, Side-kick?" Kaito asked, still worried.

"Mhm, I'm feeling better, and again, please don't call me that" He whispered, his throat a little dry. 

"Ah okay, well it's good that your feeling better." Kaito shrugged it off.

"Momota-kun, can I talk to you outside. Well, I wasn't asking permission but still" Kokichi interrupted, a twinge of anger.

"Uh sure," Kaito nodded and followed Kokichi out of the health room. 

Shuichi raised an eyebrow, confused and since the bed was right by the wall, he leaned and put his ear to the wall. He knew it was bad, he shouldn't eavesdrop but still. He was a detective. He listened carefully, their voices not completely audible.

"Kokichi! I don't understand! Do you know how much it would hurt Shuichi if you ... yourself? And to get me to do it for you? Just because you want to end this game?" Kaito said, his voice muffled. Kokichi's response, shuichi couldn't make out.

".....fine. When do you want to... you know..." Kaito said but it was almost impossible to hear.

"Next time there's a murder. We'll.... after that." Kokichi's voice came through. Kaito sighed,

"How do we know there will be a next time?"

Shuichi moved away from the wall a little bit, shocked. He wasn't entirely sure what they were planning. But something about him being hurt and devastated. He shook his head. He shouldn't worry about it. Right?

*Ding Dong Ding Dong!*

"A body has been discovered, please make your way to the Ultimate art lab" The body discovery announcement chimed again, this time it was the monokubs talking though. 

Shuichi's eyes widened, "N-not again.." He mumbled under his breath. Kaito and Kokichi rushed in,

"Stay here, you're not in condition to walk. We can handle without you. When we investigate enough we'll pick you up and take you to the class trial room" Kaito and Kokichi explained and left in a hurry. 

Shuichi sighed, his break shaky as he lay back. He kept twisting and turning with boredom and worry. He squirmed around, uncomfortable and paranoid. After what seemed like years he heard another noise.

*Ding Dong Ding Dong*

"A body has been discovered, please make your way to the Seance Room" A second body discovery announcement played. Shuichi's face went pale. But they hadn't finished the investigation yet. How were there two bodies. Maybe two people attempted two murders? No that wouldn't make sense. Nobody would kill someone right after someone else killed someone. Who were the victims? 

After what seemed like years, Kokichi and Kaito returned.

"Come on, Saihara, Tenko and Angie are dead" Kaito muttered, helping Shuichi up.

((Authors Note Word Count: 508 HEY SORRY FOR BEING GONE.))