Chapter 12 x Hospital?

7:09pm - Tokyo City Hospital - No POV

Shuichi woke with a start, his vision blurry as if he couldnt open his eyes. He felt a sharp pain as his temple as machines beeped around him. Eventually when he had gained enough strenght, he blinked, adjusting to the bright light. He was in a hospital, a nurse by his side. The woman smiled gently,

"Ah, I see youre awake, Mr. Saihara!" The nurse smiled, "I'm just here to fix your IV. The doctor will explain everything!" She nodded and fiddled with his arm before walking off. A few minutes later, a tall female wearing her hair in a braid stepped forward,

"Hello Shuichi, I'm doctor Kamishira." Kamishira smiled and put her clipboard down, "You were one of the participants in a killing game. The entire thing was a VR game gone wrong. Everyone suffered fatal injuries and PTSD. You were hit in the head with rubble and was knocked out. This means some of your memory might be different. You also might suffer from some " She grimaced, "We need to have you in the hospital for your safety for approximately five days. For now, please get comfortable, mark what you would like to eat for dinner." She nodded and started towards the room door, "By the way, we put you with a roomate" She winked, not a sexual one, and left the room.

Shuichi sighed to himself, sitting up slowly, his head still throbbing. He quickly checked something random on the paper, setting it to the side as his hand shook frantically. He held his own hand as he turned to look at the bed next to his. He gasped as he recognized the purplenette fast asleep next to him, tubes and needles connected all over his body, his chest scarred up so bad it looked like he was in the middle of a knife fight. Shuichi felt his breath get shaky. He didnt want to disturb the sleeping boy, but he couldnt believe the sight. Was he full of relief? Or sorrow. His lover was alive yet in the worst possible condition.

The purplenette stirred, as if just waking up or having a bad dream. Shuichi watched him, full of worry. Kokichi turned his head slightly, opening his eyes to look at Shuichi.

"S-shumai?" He croaked out, his voice quiet and husky. Shuichi smiled sorrowfully, unsure of what to do. "Youre alive?" Kokichi muttered.

"We all are- it was all just a g-game.." Shuichi looked away, "none of it was real" He added.

Kokichi chuckled at much as he could, "Hm.. it feels so vivid" He looked up at the ceiling of the hospital, "Im glad that you... you know" He trailed off

"I dont?" Shuichi raised an eyebrow

"Dense detective..." Kokichi smirked, "Im glad that you were able to break it off with me, now youre free.. and i cant hurt you anymore..."

Shuichis eyes widened, "We- youre breaking up with me?"

Kokichi nodded, "No? You already did"

Shuichi shook his head, "N-no i didnt! I would never!"

"Of course you did- you called me a monster and told me i was always going to be alone. You called me a psycho"

"Stop it" Shuichi glared, "no i didnt. i would never say that. I love you" Shuichis voice trailed quieter before he slapped a hand over his mouth, "Im sorry."

Kokichi laughed as if surprised, "Great. You dont remember. Well- in case you havent noticed" He attempted to signal at the cords almost covering his body, failing because his arms couldnt move, "Im not in the greatest condition"

Shuichi looked away, nervously, "Did i actually do that?"

"Yeah, I told them how i convinced gonta to kill miu.." Kokichi explained, "But its probably better that you dont know, because now we can be happy again" Kokichi smiled, "Isnt that what you want, Saihara-chan? You want me! Dont you?"

Shuichi flinched, "So-sorry? I didnt hear you.."

"I said im not gonna tell you because its better if you dont know. It might remind you and cause something bad. I care about you so-" Kokichi smiled, a kind expression.

Shuichi shook his head, "I-if i actually said that i probably didnt mean it, i would never leave you"

"I thought that was the case," Kokichi nodded, "We should probably get some rest.."

Shuichi stood up slowly, "Yeah..."

"Where are you going?"

"Im not going anywhere" Shuichi smiled, moving Kokichis sheets slightly and laying down next to him, gently resting his head on his chest, careful not to hurt him, "I missed this"

Kokichi sighed, "Me too" He lifted the arm that wasnt broken, careful to hold on to Shuichi, pulling the blankets up agin, shifting and kissing his head, "Sweet dreams, Shumai"

"Night Koki" The bluenette whispered

((Authors Note Word Count: 803))