  𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤  𝐘𝐨𝐮

𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤 2 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐱 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐳

Hearing my tracfone that I use for our school alarm sound off, I click the right button to dismiss. Rae was already awake, walking into my room with her clothes already on. She wore a orange t-shirt, blue skinnies, with new Vans checkerboard slip ons I had bought her(they were on the clearance rack for twelve dollars, we all had a pair).

"Chiko, where's the gel?"

"It's in my bag," I answered as I rubbed my face before sitting up. I changed out of my night clothes into a white tank top and a thick mustard yellow pullover with the sweats to match. I slipped on my all black Vans before tending to my hair. I decided to do a side part and slick my hair into a low ponytail, using a rat tail comb to style my edges.

Afterward, I went to brush my teeth before waiting for Rae, who took forever. Drea was still asleep.

"Rae, come on, girl! You gone make us late," I groaned.

"Shut up, like you want to be there," she had a point. I just dislike when I'm late, everyone stares at you like they've never seen a black girl before or anyone in that matter!

"Drea, were out!" Rae said before we locked and closed the door. We both grabbed a bicycle and begin to cycle into the woods on a man made trail.

We both stopped at the edge of the woods, seeing the high school students parking their shiny year model vehicles in their spaces. Some were leaning and talking before the bell rings.

Throwing our bikes to the side, we walk around onto the pavement.

"So back to what I was saying! (Money make the world go round) This could be us, but you're playing! (Money make your girl go down)," This Could Be Us by Rae Sremmurd plays in the speakers of someone's car, "We could ball till we fall, I'm a big bad wolf, It's a full moon y'all!" Which was one of my favorite songs, so I started singing along of course.

We entered the school, seeing girls taking pictures in their high priced fits, couples swapping spit, boys doing things that could possibly send them to the E.R., and girls caking makeup on their faces-oh wait, there's girls twerking in the corner.

It's too early for this shit. I'm already looking at these two boys and know for a fact there's bad heat between them. Next thing you know, they're scraping.

"Whew, child, the ghetto," Rae smacks her lips as I laughed. We sat and ate breakfast which consists of a chicken biscuit, yogurt, grits, eggs and milk. Why can't they give us water bottles?

Rae and I split ways to our lockers, we had different classes, so it didn't matter. I grabbed my book bag from the locker we all had to pay five dollars for. I just kept it here, so I didn't have to carry it around with me everywhere outside of school.

I began walking to my first class bed the bell rings. I didn't take the time to make friends, so it did get a little lonely at times.

My first period was American Literature. Walking in, I took my seat in the third row. There were only four other students including me. Soon the bell rings and in walks the teacher and six other students out of the twenty eight. I already had my composition notebook out along with a pink mechanical pencil.