  𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭-𝐀-𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫

𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐨,

Waiting on Rae to change into her appropriate clothing, I sat on the edge of the sofa. In all honesty, I didn't want her tagging along, but I knew if I didn't let her come she would snitch on me to Drea.

Which was very foul to me.

Rae quietly closed her room door before walking into the the living room, where I stood by the front door in which I unlocked a few minutes ago.

Opening the door, we step out.

"Wait!" she whispers as she stops me from closing the now locked door, "How're we going to get back in? It's not like we have a key."

"That's why I thought ahead and left my window unlocked," I said.

"Okay, as long as we have a way back inside."

Feeling and hearing the cold air swooshing over me, I placed my arms in my jacket in hopes to become warmer. Rae and I began our journey to my destination, kicking the pebbles and rocks that were on the eroded rode to the curb.

"So where are we going?" asked Rae.

"You'll see," I retort, "this was really supposed to be a one person trip. I was doing this for a surprise."

"A surprise? What surprise? What are you talking about, Chiko?"

At this point, I wish I would've left her at the house. All jokes aside. She was asking too many questions.

"Nothing, Rae. Let's just walk," I told her.

"Okay, you don't have to get an attitude, but okay," she rolls her eyes.

"I wasn't having an attitude, I was just saying," I shrugged.

"And I was just saying, too," she sighed, "bitch, do you want to fight? Like we can scrap right now."

I smile, "Okay, then," I squared up, but then laughed, causing her to laugh along.

"You're stupid, Michiko!" she laughs.

I smiled while we made our way to the end of the trailer park strip. I then thought about something that could've made our lives a whole lot easier, "Why didn't we ride our bikes? Got damn it!"

"Want to go back and get them?" Rae suggests.

"Yeah, where we're about to go is way too healthy of a walk. Especially if we don't have to anymore," I said, turning on my heel.

We ended up at the Windell beauty supply before they closed forty-five minutes after seven. One thing about Rae and I is that we love the beauty store, especially me. I like lipgloss and lashes, but haven't been able to properly afford them. The 5D lashes I like, Poppy&Ivy, costed 1.99 a pack, while lipgloss prices range from one to two dollars plus tax. Most days, I'd just look at all the things they have on display. I've never stolen from here because the owner was Asian; they like to hover you, so you didn't steal anything.

Which made today different. We're actually buying. Rae now knew about the money Storm had given me, since I've told her of course.