  𝐌𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲

𝐑𝐚𝐞,

As I was observing my style factor mini edge pomades of different scents he'd bought me, Sawyer came back into my room with our beverages in pink neon plastic cups.

He hands my drink to me as I gripped the cup, "Thank you," I take a sip of the cold tea.

"No problem, Raisin," he said before sitting on my bed.

I roll my eyes, "You gone stop calling me that. Like what's up with that?" I ask. He's always teasing me.

He smiles, "I just like messing with you."

"I bet," I smiled, "so what's the real reason why you got me this?" I referred to the burgundy gift bag in front of me, which is my favorite color. I was surprised when he handed it to me earlier, I didn't expect that out of him.

"Out of Gratitude, to be honest," he rubs the back of his neck.

I smirk, "Oh, really?" I looked at him. He was cute when he was nervous, I never seen him act so bashful.

He nods with a smug smile, "I seen my homeboy doing it, so I was like, why not? You one of the females I can joke around with and have good conversation."

I was touched, the boy I've been liking for a while admitted that I was close with him.

"You the only boy I can befriend at the school other than Storm, Drew, and Dion. Everyone else be on that bullshit," I said, while playing with the cute hair clips from my bag.

He watched me play with them, "I'm gone be honest with you, Rae," he said.

I tilt my head, waiting for him to finish.

"I been feeling yo' cute ass for a while," he looks off to the side, "like shit, I don't know. You somethin' different from I'm used to. All them other girls I messed with were just basic with boring personalities. Yo' personality just pop and for real brighten my day. When we be in math class, you always get the answers right, like you smart as hell, man. You real confident on the way you carry yourself."

My heart felt like it was doing jumping jacks and my stomach was filled with butterflies. Never in a day I thought my crush would confess himself liking me. The feeling I had was lovely, immaculate.

Though, when he said I had confidence in my step, I wanted to tell him so bad, but I couldn't. I wasn't as confident as everyone thought I was. I felt like he was playing me. My trust issues were debris from false promises and insecurities of my past.

I look off to the side, dropping the clips, "Is this a prank?"

He frowns, "No, why would it be? I don't play with people feelings like that, ma. Especially not yours since I admitted that I like you."

He didn't know that my confidence and all was a forged image. I learned to fake it until I made it. I didn't know what to think anymore. I still think he's kidding me.

I shook my head, "Sawyer... when you started feeling like this?" I fumbled with my fingers.

"Since last year."