Awakening

*Awakening*

3:22AM

The clock reads three. I paced back and forth, scratching my hair furiously, holding my head in an attempt to stop it from reeling. But it just keeps on going and going on about how confusing this life can be.

“Dream. Okay ka lang?

“Okay lang? Creed, mukha ba’kong okay? I believed that disgusting piece of… ugh! And then he sent me to an asylum and then… and then he’s after me now because apparently I am the reason why he awakened. What’s that stupid cancelled curse anyway?”

“If you can just calm down, I’ll tell you everything you want to know. Huminahon ka muna. Maupo ka. Gusto mo ng kape?”

“Yeah, black please.”

Tumayo siya mula sa couch. Naupo ako sa dati niyang inupuan while fidgeting with my fingers. Maya-maya lang ay bumalik na siya na may hawak na tray ng mga pagkain. Cheesecake tsaka kape. Mukhang alam niyang mapu-frustrate ako sa susunod niyang sasabihin kaya nagdala siya ng mapaglalabasan ko ng frustration.

“So we’re going to talk about you now. Are you ready?”

“Like I have any other choice, Creed. Just do it.” -___-

He leaned back to his seat and caught my eye while perhaps thinking of where to start first. “Thing is… you’re part of the experiment. Your bloodline is a complete rarity. And at one point, you can say that both of your parents came from Hecate and Empusa, they are mother and daughter. While your mother absorbed a power from Hecate, Empusa created vampires hence your father’s gene. You were supposed to inherit both of the genes but they sent an Elohite to cancel the curse and give you a gift of light.”

“Elaborate. Ano ang Elohite at gift of light?”

“Elohite is an angel of destiny, a servant of fate. They work with Azrael on this experiment. They are part of his servitors.”

“Eh yung gift of light? Ano ‘yun?”

“Gift of light is like… like a package. What Dark can do, you can. It’s that its impact is only greater than his because you are a cancelled curse. Once creating a cancelled curse, lahat ng abilities na nakuha sa’yo, doon magre-reflect. You have super senses only if you want to use it. You can also manipulate death and destruct hundreds of people by just wishing.”

“Like a God?” @0@

Tumango siya. “Like a God.”

“Eh anong kinalaman nu’n sa’kin? Ba’t ako? Anong kinalaman ko kay Dark?”

“Dark is the main experiment, Dream. Napasama ka lang because you are the key for awakening. Supposedly but it’s not how it happened. Dahil impure ka at ang bloodline mo, ikaw ang kinuha nila. Na-cancel ang mga abilities na dapat ay mamanahin mo. Ginawa nila ‘yon bago ka pa isilang. Sa lakas ng magiging kapangyarihan mo, kahit sanggol ka pa ay makakapatay ka ng libo-libo kung gugustuhin mo. Isa lamang iyon sa mga dahilan kung bakit na-cancel ang kapangyarihan mo. Ang malaking factor doon ay ang eksperimento nila ng pagta-transfer ng sagradong abilidad ng gift of light sa isang kagaya mo. They want purity and impurity to clash. So they chose you.”

“Hindi mo sinagot ang tanong ko, Creed. Anong kinalaman ko kay Dark?”

Bumuntong hininga siya at sandaling sumipsip sa kape na dinala niya para sa kanyang sarili. Ilang sandali pa’y tumayo siya at may kinuhang folder sa drawer niya. Iniabot niya sa akin iyon, ako naman si gagang nagbuklat. “Dark Lockhart has been living for so long now. Hence, the experiment they does keeps failing and failing until you came.”